Bummer - right side pannier latch broke - made one too many grocery runs with my NT!

Bike
2010 NT700V
The people at the Hanover warehouse are very nice. When you call the Pa. phone number in rings in the UK. You have to order and pay from them and request a pickup in Hanover. I picked up my large lids there. While waiting I got a small tour of the warehouse. They have a large selection of classic Japanese motorcycles that they buy and sell at auctions or ship to the UK for resale. These bikes are in high demand in the UK and bring a better price.

I emailed David Currie, the owner in the UK to request a tour of the warehouse for a group of Concours Owners Group (COG), that I ride with, but David replied that his insurance would not cover a tour. He added maybe sometime in the future he could accommodate tours. Our local COG group does a ride after our taxes are complete, the Forget Your Taxes Ride. BB

AlunReynolds

Do you have the dimensions for the catches you fitted by any chance?

Bought my NT last November, after reading on this forum about all the problems with the mechanism and latches I went with external locking latches from Southco. They are all keyed alike, about $15.00 each. I bought a set of large lids from David Silver Spares, I live a 75 minute drive from their warehouse in Hanover, Pa., so I drove over and picked them up. I now have the latches on both sets so I can use either the small or large lids. You have to be very careful aligning them up during install. Problem solved. BBIMG_0729.jpgIMG_0730.jpg

Bike
2010 NT700V
Do you have the dimensions for the catches you fitted by any chance?
If you search eBay for Southco Draw Latches, they will come up. This is the seller I bought from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUTHCO-OVER-CENTER-DRAW-LATCH-KEY-LOCKING-WITH-KEEPER-CHROME-FINISH-/181698196851?hash=item2a4e0e7573:g:hHsAAOSweW5VEB0z

In a couple of the photos a tape measure is held up against the latches to show size. If you buy these take your time getting placement. I used stainless steel pop rivets and was able to put washers on the inside of most of the rivets. When I ordered the latches I requested from the seller to get all latches keyed alike. This eliminates all the complicated linkage under the seat except for the seat latch. I installed latches of both my small lids and large lids, so it's only eight acorn nuts to change lids. BB

Last edited:
Top Bottom