July 8-11, 2015
Wed thru Sat

Hotel:
Days Inn
(TBA)

Camping:
Chris' Campground
Rate: $7 per person per night (+tax)

Just an update, we should be in sites 81-96.

Please call (605-642-2239) or email (chriscampground@gmail.com) to let them know how many are coming please provide
# of people in your group
# of tents
Special needs such as electricity
vehicle i.e. bike, RV, bike w/trailer etc.
Mention the ST/NT Rally

Agenda
July 10th - Friday
later at Campground:
6:00pm - Giveaways
6:30pm Pizza !!!

Chris' Campground
MAP

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Wow, a new site. The rate looks very good. I loved the grass tent sites at the city campground and that I could walk to the coffee shop in the AM. But I'm OK with trying something new, especially after it got good reviews from those who checked it out. Besides, it is the friends who camp thee who make the event what it is, not the campground itself. I don't mean to say that the motel dwellers aren't friends too, you are. Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
This campground appears to have more amenities than the city campground. An actual store for one thing which is nice.

Bike
2011 Black NT700
The wife and I stayed at Chris' Campground last fall and really liked it. If I remember right the host were friendly and there was plenty grass area.
Clint

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
BUT
Wow, a new site. The rate looks very good. I loved the grass tent sites at the city campground and that I could walk to the coffee shop in the AM. But I'm OK with trying something new, especially after it got good reviews from those who checked it out. Besides, it is the friends who camp thee who make the event what it is, not the campground itself. I don't mean to say that the motel dwellers aren't friends too, you are. Looking forward to it.

BUT there is always the small thermas of last nights coffee that can serve as the morning fix!:)

I ment to check this facility last year but it didn't happen. I will plan to come next year , not sure if camping or??

Bike
Bob,

You are a much braver man than I am!! Yellowknife in July!! NO thank you! I did that once in late June/ early July in a big truck with a load of Hydrogen Peroxide for a gold mine outside of yellow knife, probably was 1993-95 time frame. From end of Alberta to Yellowknife, gravel, DUST, potholes, and worst of all mosquitoes, no-seeums etc tht even with AC in cab and deet used generously it was a nightmare! I think the best time is after winter has set in , road is frozen solid and pretty well smoothed out, and no flying maneating critters, yeah it is cold, but with proper gear , Electric etc it would work! Also the road though snow and ice covered traction is very similar to good paved roads.

After that second trip in summer , I utilized my senority to go during winter months! much more enjoyable! , Nno waiting for the ferry , just cross on the ice bridge and pray that the engineers were correct about the ice being thick enough to support 75-80,000 LBS,

Eldon

Last edited:
Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
I had to google "Yellowknife" to see what you were talking about. And . . . :eek1: That's pretty far north.

Not only that, it is waay out in the Boonies.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Okay, it's on my calendar. Truly enjoyed last year.

Actually, I mean the last rally - which was this year, but . . .

You know what I mean.

Last edited:

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Putting these dates on my calendar. Really enjoyed that area when I rode out there in early June this year. Hope I can work this into the schedule because it would be great to meet those we have been sharing our NT lives with on the Forum.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I am planning on being there this year... The only possible issue, at least at the moment, is coordinating reservations in Glacier NP and Yellowstone NP after the rally....

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I missed it last year because of our move, but I'm planning on being there this year. See you all in Spearfish!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Lori, I sure understand about keeping priorities straight! When I started riding in '98, I didn't have much money (I was going through a divorce). By '99, when Joanne and I married, things were better and I had bought a Concours. We took a week-long honeymoon on it.

The next year, I went to 2 out of the 3 locations for the Concours Owners Group National Rally: Brian Head, Utah, and Mountain Home, Arkansas, and was gone for two weeks.

I had four weeks vacation every year and Joanne didn't even get two weeks until '02. We rode to Yellowstone that year and were gone ten days. The next year, Joanne started getting hip pain every time she rode, so she quit riding. I started taking at least a ten-day trip every year, and thinking about how much I'd like to take a longer trip. We knew I was going to retire in '13 and that she wouldn't retire till '14, so the summer of '13 began to shape up for an Epic Ride. And it worked!

Last year, with our move, my longest trip was the Three Flags Classic Ride. By the time I rode to Tucson for the start and home from Harrison Hot Springs, BC, after the finish, it was only just over 5,000 miles. This year, I'm planning on doing the Team Lyle Rachel Days Strange Rally, which is basically a sem-organized Bun Burner Gold (1524-mile base route in 24 hours) starting in Alamo, NV, May; going to the NT/ST-Owners Rally in Spearfish in July; and then Big Sky "Working on the Railroad" Rally, in Big Sky, MT, in August.

Retirement is a pretty good deal.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Guess its time to do a little planning. I had to cut my trip short last year and missed the last two days. I had to take the fastest way home, rather than the longer trip I had planned into Canada.

Since I'm not a camping sort of guy, I'll be staying in a motel again. That worked out well last year, with Eldon (Ex Winger), Len (Enigmatic Biker) and Rich (Yoda) staying at Bell's Motel too. The rooms were a bit smaller than most motels, but then the price was a lot smaller too.

Shall I offer up the Bell's Motel as the unofficial motel of choice?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
That's what happened to me last year, Dan. I hope your move goes as well as ours did and that your retirement is as good as ours is (even if I do keep going back to work).

Bike
I am still tentatively planning on it, not real sure of what I will be riding, might be Yamaha, but might be HD. Most likely wont be NT.

Not certain yet whether camping or moteling. If I am alone I jjust might camp, but am undecided at this time

Eldon

Last edited:
Bike
Dan I will second what Phil said, It took me from May of 2000 until May of 2005 to finaly pull the pin making a clean brake, I did that by giving up my Hazmat and CDL and only retaining my bike edorsements on my driver lic.

Eldon

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
That's the place, Bob. I'll be camping at least for another year or two.

Top Bottom