5th Nat'l NT Rally - Jul 8-11, 2015 - Spearfish, SD

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Well done Mellow, another nice event!

Great trip. Mostly cool dry weather. Northern Washington, Idaho and full day at Glacier. Down across Montana. Nice weather in Spearfish. What's not to like?
Return via Big Horn southern route to Cody. Morning in Yellowstone before Coyote Chris and I split from FalconAF and headed toward Spokane. Hope he missed the Buffalo jams as he heads toward Las Vegas.

Pics: Sat morning Perkins departure breakfast:
1 L-R : FalconAF, Coyote Chris, Frosty, Artemedes, Yoda, RedBird
2 L-R: Mellow, RedBird, JohnL, FalconAF

Attachments

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I got home Saturday at 5:15 pm. I made it to Billings earlier on Friday than I anticipated and considered pushing on to Bozeman to cut my Saturday ride down a little. Boy, was I glad I didn't. The wind picked up to 30-40 mph, the skies opened up and for a while I was thinking it was the edge of a tornado. Saturday, I caught rain about 20 miles east of Misoula and had everything from a slight mist to a steady rain to near Coeur d'Alene, but I made it home largely without incident.

I enjoyed renewing old acquaintances and making some new one as well. The Wed. evening cigar and beer discussion at Bell's was priceless, and we made a new rider-friend from Saskatoon. Throughout the week with all the coming and going, it is a source of amazement to me the strength of the bond and the near instantaneous connection between riders of all kinds. Whether it's at an organized (see herding cats) event, a rest stop, or at a gas station, every rider has a story and they are largely sincere and fascinating in their own way. I enjoyed them all.

GEDC0285.jpg

This is a pic I just had to take on my way home. Feel free to use it if you can.

IMG1505.jpg

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Joe,
I want to echo the sentiments of the others. Though I stayed at Bell's, it did appear that Rick's was an upgrade for you campers. Thank you for all you do to make this event happen. It's one of the highlights of my summer vacation.
Len

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Just out of curiosity, where's the NT-Owners banner now?

Some strange-looking people at these events. (Just an observation.)

:rolleyes:

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Made it home Sunday at 2:00pm. I had a great time and enjoyed the campground and the folks at the event. I'll post pictures soon.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Sorry I missed you folks. My ride schedule was out of sync with the dates and I missed you by 3 days. Maybe next year. Just back yesterday from a 4 week 13000 km ride across Canada and back on my 98 PC800. Perfect bike for the trip but getting close to time to get something newer for future longer rides,,,
That's too bad but doesn't sound like it affected your vacation at all. lol
Hope to see ya next year.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Like all the others, I had a great time. The day rides through the Black Hills (and thanx to Ken and Phil for riding some very good twisties) and for the evening conversation at Bell's Motel under the tree.

Some photos - -

I rode into the Black Hills from the south - up through Pringle and Custer, then Hill City. Here's the usual gaggle of Harley riders at Pactola Lake.

And then on into Spearfish through Spearfish Canyon. The problem with this ride is that the scenery is so spectacular, you have to be careful to pay attention to riding.

Father George looking down on Phil and Ken - -

Some photos taken at the campground -

And finally, pizza night -

Hope to see everyone next year. Thanks again, Joe, for all you do.

Top Bottom