OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just an update, we should be in sites 81-96.

Please call (605-642-2239) or email (chriscampground@gmail.com) to let them know how many are coming please provide
Mention the ST/NT Rally
# of people in your group
# of tents
Special needs such as electricity
vehicle i.e. bike, RV, bike w/trailer etc.

You don't have to pay anything until you get there, unless you want to.

Tourguy

Question about scheduling for this rally!!!?
I need to know when to arrive at the campground . . . never been to this rally before. Should i plan to arrive sometime DURING the 8th or to camp night of the 7th so i am THERE for the 8th???? Maybe it doesn't matter. Making plans now for touring on my way to Spearfish but don't want to be late. Maybe i can join Ex Winger coming from Oregon on the way east at some point.
Should this be "reply to thread" or "new post"? I'll see if get any response.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Reply to thread works best so all the info is in one spot... As for arrival times at most events folks just kind of drift in with no specific schedule. If I make it we'll arrive on the afternoon of the 8th.

Tourguy

Thanks Wayne! Maybe i should quit being surprised at how fast i get a response to questions and bike problems at nt-owners.org! I keep thinking "wonder if anyone will see this post" but folks have always been great about being helpful here. Gives me more reason to attend at Spearfish.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Tourguy, I'll ride up from Greeley on the 8th. I've always gotten to the Rally on Wednesday of Rally week and my impression is that most people get to Spearfish on that day. If you were to get there on the 7th, I'm pretty sure that there would be other people there. Whatever works...works.

This is my kind of rally. The organization is very lightly done. The only scheduled event has been the Saturday night pizza party and swag giveaway. Most people leave on Sunday morning.

I look forward to seeing you there!

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Phil beat me to this one. I had this written, but Phil posted first.

Some folks come early, some come late. Some leave early and some may never leave for all I know. There isn't much of a schedule. There are informal day rides on various routes (some of which are even planned) during the days, but some folks never leave camp. It is pretty laid-back. In the past we have had pizza delivered on Saturday night and some door prizes. That's about it for the schedule. I don't know what is planned for this year other than we are at a different campground. You can count on meeting some great friends and enjoying riding stories and camaraderie in the evenings.

If I make it this year I'll come early for once and then leave early Friday and do a 750 mile road burn for home so I can get to an archery tournament on the 11th and 12th. I hate to miss the pizza, but I don't want to miss our state tournament either.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Yeah, you'll be fine getting there early, I plan on being there some time on the 8th. FYI pizza and giveaways are on Friday.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
NOW we have a schedule of events!!!
We always have, it's always been posted on the 1st post of the event and always been the Friday of the event... but, Jim... I understand how the details tend to get in the way.. LOL

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
We always have, it's always been posted on the 1st post of the event and always been the Friday of the event... but, Jim... I understand how the details tend to get in the way.. LOL
Joe, I'm glad you understand us old guys and can tolerate us and our memory limitations.

tawilke46

so, not yet a NT700 owner. Hope to be soon. As I plan on riding by about that time may I still join you even if I am not one yet?
I can speak for everyone on this forum. ABSOLUTELY! Come on and join in the fun!
Ride, drive, ride a bicycle, walk, it doesn't matter......

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
so, not yet a NT700 owner. Hope to be soon. As I plan on riding by about that time may I still join you even if I am not one yet?
Absolutely! There will be lots of folks there riding something other than an NT or an ST.

For the record - I have my reservations made at Bell's Motor Lodge!! Let's make that the official unofficial motel for all those who aren't camping. We had a lot of fun last year sitting out front, sipping adult beverages and swapping lies.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Absolutely! We're not bike-specific. I look forward to meeting you!

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Hey Doug, Did you get same room? or at least same area on the Office leval?

Speaking of bikes LOL for all I Have the new red one I will be on the Ultra Classic If Grand Daughter comes with me as planned at this time. The FJR with canyon cages is not pinion friendly.

Eldon

Last edited:
Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Good deal doug I too am looking forward to it. hopefuly you wont have the windshield problems this year.
Eldon

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Sorry but just found out the campground rate is $7.50 per night, the $4 rate is for church and school groups.

Top Bottom