Hacking the Super10

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
There are a few running around in Europe using a Watsonian chair. My sister talked to one guy and he says it is the best rig he has ever driven.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
There are a few running around in Europe using a Watsonian chair. My sister talked to one guy and he says it is the best rig he has ever driven.
Thanx for that. I've looked at the Watsonian as well as the Kenna - I think both would look nice on my NT.

But (hopefully), that's a ways off in the future. I still lots of two-wheel time ahead.

OP
OP

elizilla

I think the NT would do well with a sidecar because it's substantial and not too tall. Plus it is bulletproof, which is important because when you have a sidecar you have enough things to fiddle with, without having to do desmo valve adjustments or replace pistons.

The tires are not as much of a concern. You can run normal motorcycle tires on the sidecar outfit. People just put on car tires for longer wear, since sidecars don't need to lean. The motorcycle tires will wear out faster in the center; they square off. But you won't feel the weird lump in the profile, because you aren't leaning so you don't have to roll across it.

OP
OP

elizilla

The damper arrived last week and we got it installed in time for me to test ride it and then ride to All Clubs Day with it. It's made an amazing change in the handling. Not only does it smooth out the oscillations that were bothering me, it also smooths out other wobbles that I hadn't been bothered by and makes them conspicuous in their absence. I like it!

I also moved the shifter buttons to the right side.

These two changes made it a treat to ride. Fantastic!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Excellent - glad to hear it - and you've renewed my idea that I might put a hack on my NT in the future.

Top Bottom