NT WV Gathering, May 7-10, 2015.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Phil - I'll pass 50k on the way home today so I'll send you a PM with my home address but it's no rush.

I have some photos (proof) of all the bikes being here so will send those next week.

Tosh

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Tosh, send me your address and I'll get the 50K sticker in the mail Wednesday before I head for Nevada. Congratulations!

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
What a fantastic time we had. Three absolutely amazing days. I took the long way home today and found a couple more fantastic roads for next year. Great turn out. Was so good to finally put a face to our fellow NT owners and some of their friends. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Pictures will be up soon.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I agree about it being a fantastic weekend of riding, meeting new friends, putting faces to the NT-list handles, etc.

For next year, we'll go a week later, May 13-15, 2016, skipping the Mother's Day weekend. The Alpine Lodge was not the Crowne Plaza but it was clean, well-kept and the staff was helpful and nice. We paid $58 a night for a non-smoking King with free WiFi that was fairly strong and consistent. The hotel never filled completely because this was off-season. Attached to the hotel is a family-style restaurant (no alcoholic beverages) open 7-days a week, 6 AM to 9 PM, with immense portions for a reasonable price.

Next year we'll bring camping chairs so we can join the camp fire gathering at night but we only sat on the grass for a few minutes and the campground people brought chairs to us! From the Alpine Lodge, the walk into town or to the campground was less than 1/4 mile in either direction so pretty ideal for both groups. We also discovered an excellent restaurant next door to the Alpine Lodge and also one in town but there are more.

Davis, WV is getting more contemporary and it reminds me of a lot of small towns in CO or WY where people from out-of-state have moved to open businesses. The biggest draws in that area are downhill skiing, fishing, mountain biking, and probably hunting.

More photos...

The first photo was taken outside the hotel restaurant and it was a line-up of those who were camping. The second photo is of the placard from atop Spruce Knob which had a fairly challenging ride up-and-down the mountain. The third photo is just of the NTs that were not part of the camping group on that first day. I never got a photo of the bikes belonging to Sojourn, Woodaddict and Rustinpeace because they came later.

NTs at the restaurant.jpg

Placard at Spruce Knob.jpg

The odd three.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Looks like you had great weather, a great group, and a great time! Thanks for the pix.

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Just a quick shout-out to Duane (WVRider) for hosting this meet-up. The campground was great and your day trips gave me some of the best riding I've ever had in my life. This was a well organized, fun and very enjoyable event. For those who made it there; it was a pleasure to meet and hang out with you all. Just like this forum, it was the nicest group of people you'd ever want to be with, and its great to finally put a face to the names here. For those who couldn't be there, sorry, you missed a good one. I hope you can join us next year!

/Fieroguy (aka Larry)

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Yes, those who stayed home for various reasons missed out on a great time! For me it was the largest gathering of NTs with the deep lids. Thanks to everyone who attended because you all made it happen!

wvladyrider

Just want to say Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome to the group over the weekend! Enjoyed the time I had riding and talking with everyone! Hope to do it again soon and next time stay for the whole weekend. You all are an amazing group of people (Duane's always said you're a great group) and friendly, never felt like I shouldn't be there even though my riding skills are less than all of yours.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...never felt like I shouldn't be there even though my riding skills are less than all of yours...]

Everyone had to start somewhere at some point in time so don't worry about it. And besides, it's all about having fun. Those who want to ride faster can shoot ahead. :smile:

Please put it on your calendar for May 12-15, 2016 and that invite goes out to all on the NT list.

Last edited:

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Ah, Seneca Rocks - I assume you guys hit Smoke Hole Road?
Rode that with Bob at the Romney Camp-n-Ride the weekend prior. What an amazing road!

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Enjoyed meeting some new NT'ers. My WV trip mileage was 1,180. Rustinpeace and I did the highest points in WV, PA, and MD. That's the highest points in each state, all in 1 day(350 miles with group and by ourselves). We did ride with the group some, then after visiting Philippi covered bridge, did PA and MD. Some very narrow, curvy, bumpy, tickle the tummy roads. Even saw a Amish guy. MD highest point was actually viewed from Hwy 219 in WV, still private land, no paved parking. I rode up a trail 1/4 mile.

Last edited:
Top Bottom