NT WV Gathering, May 7-10, 2015.

It looks like I won't be able to make this meeting after all. I have been having a problem with my legs and my balance for the last year and the doctors have finally decided that the problem is a narrowing of my spine (pinching the cord) and I'm going in for surgery on the 26th. They are telling me that I can't ride for 60-90 days after the surgery so early in May is out. The good news is that with PT I can get everything working correctly again.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Re: NT gathering in eastern WV, May 7-10, 2015.

I toying with bring the RV down and NT in trailer; my new way to avoid motels I hope.
I have similar surgery as Cnille having on my back, also installed some permanent metal. Doctors have me on some anti seizure medicine too. I was lucking and had them wait till October when I had that done about 5 years ago; then retired. I still get strange signals from my legs but never interferes with riding. Hope the surgery works well.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Cnille, I'll have you in my prayers for healing through surgery!

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
Cnille, I am sorry about your surgery, but I am glad the prognosis is good.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Barry,

You have my best wishes on your upcoming surgery and here's hoping for a 100% recovery!

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
It looks like I won't be able to make this meeting after all. I have been having a problem with my legs and my balance for the last year and the doctors have finally decided that the problem is a narrowing of my spine (pinching the cord) and I'm going in for surgery on the 26th. They are telling me that I can't ride for 60-90 days after the surgery so early in May is out. The good news is that with PT I can get everything working correctly again.
We will miss you Barry however your health comes first and sounds like we'll have plenty of opportunities to see you on another adventure. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. See ya next go round.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Aw, sorry to hear this Barry. Hope everything goes well with the surgery, recovery, and PT - and hope to see you again at some other future get together!

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
This is the second time I got an email supposedly of a reply to this post yet I'm not seeing it here. One was a while back where someone mentioned this ride fell in line with some gathering over in VA or MD or something like that. That would have been by total accident if it did. Then I just got one that say Rob replied, stating he would not be able to make it to this event? Why are we not seeing those posts when we come here ? If no one has an idea I'll message Mellow and inquire.

PS; Here is the email I got from nt-owners

"Dear WVRider,

Rob has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - NT WV Gathering, May 7-10, 2015. - in the Events forum of NT-Owners.ORG Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?9284-NT-WV-Gathering-May-7-10-2015&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
I hadn't rsvp'd on this thread yet, but it looks like I'm not going to make it to this one afterall.
Will catch another one sometime!
"

Last edited:

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
Cnille/Barry, sorry to hear that. Best wishes for success and a speedy full recovery.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
DJ - I deleted it because I still don't know if I can do the Romney event the week prior. If I can't make that one work I'll still be at this one.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
DJ - I deleted it because I still don't know if I can do the Romney event the week prior. If I can't make that one work I'll still be at this one.
No problem Rob. I talked with the campground owner and they told me to contact them again about the middle of next month for the reservations as they are not open right now. So I will post a request on here then to see how many are camping for sure and that way I can reserve enough spots. We can get several tents on a site but like to spread them out a bit too.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
Ok now I know for certain that I won't be going to this meetup. Another time, perhaps!

DJ - I *will* be at the Romney event. Hope to see you at that one.

rocketman

There is another gear-driven steam locomotive in Cass proper, this one has the gearing running down the middle of the engine and also give rides. Pretty cool stuff.

RM

Last edited by a moderator:

rocketman

I might be able to come up for an evening on Thursday but would have be home Friday as the better half has plans to be out of town that weekend. We'll have to see how it goes work wise as I was also playing around with going down to the Smokes the following weekend for a rally put on by ADV folks that I have never been to before. So many choices, so little time! If I did come up which hotel to most folks stay at that are not camping?

RM

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Ok now I know for certain that I won't be going to this meetup. Another time, perhaps!

DJ - I *will* be at the Romney event. Hope to see you at that one.
Will miss ya at this one Rob. Not looking good for me on the Romney event. Will let you know for sure.

Top Bottom