New windshield

Just ordered a new V Stream + 4" for the NT..from JCWhitney.. They are offering a 10% promo discount through the weeekend and the price ended up at $153.86 along with Free shipping.. should be at my doorstep in 5-9 days...:smile:

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I have ad good luck with MRA Vario Touring Wind screen for the NT700 Deauville. Made in Germany but purchased via Twisted Throttle. A bit expensive but has the adjustable wing on top and I think it looks sharp. It now belongs to Guitarman, as he bought the bike from a few months ago. also running one on my Wee. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

OP
OP
Reniram
I wanted to share the opportunity of a good deal...a new windshield really perks an old bike up..hoping the quality is as good as oem

OP
OP
Reniram
Well my new windshield arrived and I spent a little time in the garage installing it today..The mounting holes were a little tight so I opened them up with my dremel tool to leave some wiggle room on the shoulder bolts that attaches it to the fixtures..very happy with the finish and overall shape of it.. I have raised the nose of the seat about an inch or so and welded an extension to the gearchange lever during the winter and I must say I am really looking forward to the day I can dig out of this ice and snow and go for a ride to test it ...probably a few more weeks down the road Happy days ahead.. Damn it..

Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
Just ordered a new V Stream + 4" for the NT..from JCWhitney.. They are offering a 10% promo discount through the weeekend and the price ended up at $153.86 along with Free shipping.. should be at my doorstep in 5-9 days...:smile:
You stated V stream +4 but I only see one size option on JCW page, am I missing something?

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I have had my CeeBailey +2 for about 30,000 miles and no cracks or failures of any kind

BTW, my ORIGINAL brake pads now have 38,000 miles on them and still plenty of life in them!!!

kelly

Hey Digger23, if your thinking about ordering one from JCW I just got a email with 20% off. It's "SPRING20" expires tonight. Thats only $136.77 shipped after discount. I just bought my NT700V yesterday and haven't picked it up yet. How tall is the stock shield from bottom edge center to top edge center.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I have about 48.ooo miles on my Cee Baily + 4 with no problems on my NT. On my FJR I immediately ordered the Yamaha tourind windshield, The stock FJR was too low for me, The touring helped but I was not tottaly pleased. I ordered a laminar Lip which cost me $99 including freight to Or from S.Ca. I hse it indtslled and it it great, has the reversed curve at the top and is widers than the Yamaha touring which wsa over 1 1'2 inches wider than stock FJR. With the Auto adjustable windshield it can be fine tunned to great satisfaction for whatever condition you choose. Some may question the hook and loop attatchment, I will only say that it works quite well at Oregon freeway speeds of 65 limit plus 10 over and a few more to boot during a short quick burst to ? my senior memory just kicked in and I don't remember that other figure.

Eldon

OP
OP
Reniram
You stated V stream +4 but I only see one size option on JCW page, am I missing something?
No, they only offer the one size and that is the 4" taller than the original..sorry for the confusion....BTW I have managed to finally get out and ride and this windshield does a fine job..thoroughly recommended.

OP
OP
Reniram
Hey Digger23, if your thinking about ordering one from JCW I just got a email with 20% off. It's "SPRING20" expires tonight. Thats only $136.77 shipped after discount. I just bought my NT700V yesterday and haven't picked it up yet. How tall is the stock shield from bottom edge center to top edge center.

Stock shield is 15" tall JCW is 19" and about an inch wider (21")

Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
Thanks for the heads up, I've got a Cee Bailey but would like to get the V stream due to greater impact resistance but gotta hang onto my duckets right now to pay for something else. Got MCL bar risers and peg lowers I'm not using that I may sell.

Top Bottom