Dash cowl removal

Bike
2011 NT
I am trying to take this piece out to see what I can put in there for speakers. Other wise I may get a good bluetooth speaker in a tankbag and go from there. I thought of going to a Sena 20s but I don't want constant radio noise in my helmet.

Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
I am trying to take this piece out to see what I can put in there for speakers. Other wise I may get a good bluetooth speaker in a tankbag and go from there. I thought of going to a Sena 20s but I don't want constant radio noise in my helmet.
Don't bother, the only speakers that will fit are cheap 3 watt junk. Unless your willing to do some serious cutting / mods on dash insert and fairing. If you come up with something PLEASE post photos.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
To get the Dash cowl off do the following:

1. Remove both the fairing pockets
  2. Remove both the middle cowl lids
  3. Remove both the middle cowl pockets

Now you have access to the Dash cowl

4. Remove the 2 screws then gently pull the dash cowl away. It is held on by various tabs across the top and needs positive gentle force to unlock these.

Note: it's probably better to use a Bluetooth sound system to your helmet(s)

I've also removed the fairing in this shot

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
This video shows the dash surround around the four minute mark. It might be helpful to you.
[video=youtube_share;0AAXXDlIHr0]http://youtu.be/0AAXXDlIHr0[/video]

Top Bottom