SR & Odd Man Out Non-Rally - West Va USA June 19-21 2015

rocketman

Odd Man Out Non-Rally - West Va USA June 19-21 2015

For the past number of years I have been hosting a small gathering in Seneca Rocks, Wv on the Fathers day weekend. While the gathering started out as a rally for the venerable BMW /5 series of motorcycles attendance has dropped off over the years and now that I am back into riding air cooled singles I thought it would be fun to have a gathering of other air cooled singles riders. Then as I thought about it I realized that, as with my other bikes, there just aren't that many out there, esp. when limited to just the east coast, so I decided to expand the rally for all those that, like me, ride bikes that aren't so much run of the mill, such as the NT700. I would therefore like to extend an invitation to this group to join us at Seneca Rocks, Wva this June.
This year Father's Day falls on the 21st of June so the gathering would run from the Friday before, June 19 thru Sunday, June 21.

I spent some time thinking a good name for the gathering if it was expanded from the orginal Festival of Fives ( for the /5 series of BMW airheads) to include any and all not so run of the mill machines. I finally settled on the name Odd Man Out Non-Rally cause well, the bikes i ride and have an interest in meeting other owners of same, are kinda of like the old Odd Man Out theme, so that seemed fitting. Lets face it the NT700 had a limited sales run in the USA, a shame in some ways, but the idea I ride a bike that is kind of unique as are all my bikes does add a certain level of satisfaction for me since I've always been one who doesn't much care for following the crowd. so there it is, the Odd Man Out Non-RAlly is on, ( non-rally cause its totally unplanned, or funded, everyone is on thier own for everything, food, lodging, beer, etc.

The gathering takes place at the Yokum Princess Snowbird campground right at the base of the rocks at the intersection of Rts. 55, 28 and 33. there is camping, cabins, and a small motel above the store, food/eats, including prepared at several small restaurants, take out and general grocery items, beer and firewood, all available within a five minute walk of the campground. There are no fees for the gathering, no planned events, just great riding and tire-kicking. Everyone makes their own camping, motel or cabin room arrangements thru www.Yokum.com .

So if interested let me know and fell free to ride anything you might have in the stable or bring your NT. Hope to see a few NT700 show up along with anyone else on anything with two (or three) wheels

RM
Rally ******* at Large

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I went to Concours Owners Group National Rally at Canaan Valley State Park, not to far from Seneca Rocks. I rode by the Seneca Rocks one of the days we were there in WV. It was a great area to ride in. I wish I could be there, but I'm still working in Wyoming until the end of June. Have fun!

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Re: Odd Man Out Non-Rally - West Va USA June 19-21 2015

Your suggestion is like the Porsche 911 group I ran into in Snowshoe last year. This group comes from all over the USA and rides an area. No structure, just rides and hanging out at night. Very nice group of people too.
I put this on a plan for the RV/Trailer trip, hope to do lot of riding to make up for last year limited amount.

Top Bottom