Windshield scuffs

I haven't spoken to my landlord yet, but there is a chance I won't be granted garage space.

I'm concerned that a motorcycle cover could scuff the windshield on my bike due to wind and dust/debris. This, despite the brushed cotton or some such layer where it contacts the windshield.

I was thinking if its a simple matter of throwing something like a pillowcase or something over the windshield before the cover... Or maybe with some foam pipe insulation....

Has anybody kept a bike with a shield outside before? Am I worrying about nothing?

tawilke46

A pillow case would work fine. So would an old large size tee shirt, just sew up the sleeves and neck. I have used both with good results.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
My NT lives under a cover 365 days a year going on 5 years and the windscreen looks like new. I do not put anything over it but the cover and I have had several different covers in that time. Some of the covers have been lined and other have not been and it has not seemed to make any difference. I do lower the screen to the lowest position before covering.

Top Bottom