Sedici Arturo Mesh Jacket

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
It also helps greatly in hot weather to wear a microfiber T-shirt, under your mesh jacket. Wearing an all-cotton or 50/50 t-shirt is torture in hot weather. :)

Looks like a reasonable option, particularly since you've been able to inspect and try the jacket on. Sedici does seem to be Cycle Gear's "better" house brand, whereas Bilt is the bargain basement brand. One other option might be Olympia's switchback jacket. It's a discontinued model but some online retailers may still have stock in your size. If so they are selling for about $150. Olympia gear has always worked well for me.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Looks like a good buy.

I have a Bering AeroMesh Jacket which comes with armour and a concealed rear pocket (fanny pack type thing) with a full waterproof overjacket. I wouldn't be without it in Summer.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I've bought Cycle Gear stuff for my daughter, and it seems to be of reasonable quality.

Mesh vs textile. Here's what I found.

Here in south Texas, it is hotter than the hubs of hell in the summer. For commuting, I like mesh. Why only for commuting? Because there are many times when I'm stopped at a traffic light and what little breeze there is will still get through, or the slower speeds will cool you some.

But, for longer trips, I have switched to textile, with vents. With a base layer like LD Comfort, it is cooler. Mesh is - well - too good. The air going through just dries you out quickly. I found that out last year on the ride to Spearfish. I've had two long trips in the textile, and with the LD Comfort layer, and the Macna cooling vest from Twisted Throttle, I am more comfortable.

For you in the cooler northwest, I would think the Cycle Gear would be fine.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I really suffered last summer wearing my airbag vest over my First Gear mesh jacket. The vest just blocked to much of the airflow. For really hot days I bought a Bohn Airtex armored high viz shirt that helps a lot. Its very light and moves a lot of air even with vest over it.
https://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/proddetail.php?prod=BGSAY
of it in their lightest coolest fabric for use under my Langlitz suit if I feel I need the extra protrction, it also workd well with a pair of light weight dress pants and shirt and you can appear as of you are being foolish . I was rurned onto it by a central west coast florida rider, same old farht that got me started riding in 1956 NS WHO IA AT IT today!

Eldon

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
When I wear my mess jacket, I wear a long sleeve shirt. You can dry out from the air blowing while riding, so a shirt keeps you from drying out too much. A good quality wicking shirt is good on very hot day, it will keep you from drying out too much but allow cooling.

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
Chris, you sound like a wuss. Being from Seattle, I bet you cannot handle sunshine either. :)

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I bought the Cyclegear Sedici Terreno jacket and pants about a month ago. The only complaint I have is that my Alpinestar back protector was too large for the pocket. Ordered the $19.99 Cyclegear protector. Not as large and looks a bit wimpy compared to the other.
My solution was to trim the Alpinestar back protector to fit the pocket of my jacket. I like the protection it offers.

I tried on the jacket and pants. The padding really needs work. It's kinda cheap and I find it shifts off the joint too much. The jacket shoulder pads were rotated back off my shoulders and even if I adjusted them moments later they were back there again.

I got the pants because I needed them. I really like the look and they do keep you cool on humid 90* days but not sure on quality. Pads there also rotate to inner knees or pull tight across my kneecaps as the cut is European and slim.

On the NT at 6'1" and 34" inseam my knees are already cranky so I leave the pads where they fall.

Top Bottom