Mesh Jacket Observation

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I have a riding buddy who only thinks leather gives protection. Of course if it warm, he takes off his leather (he does not tour), and rides in a t-shirt (need I say he rides a bagger). I could not ride in warm weather without mesh jacket. A couple of years ago I got a 3 part jacket, shell, mesh (with CE), and liner for $89, a Tour Master. If I win lotto I'll and get a Aerostich custom made.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I'm actually partial to those long-sleeved t shirts because they are so much safer. And those safety "crash bandana's," who wouldn't feel safe in one of those. LOL

Everyone ride safe this holiday weekend and on the way to Spearfish.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I normally wear a waterproof Bilt "Storm" which I like very much but despite all the vent zippers, it is too hot after 75 degrees so I decided to try a mesh jacket...not as a substitute but as a carry along on touring rides.
I watched about a million on line vids and all the Revzilla vids and decided to try two jackets. The Xelement Invasion and the Tourmaster Air Intake 4. The Xelement is a basic jacket with a zip out warmth lining which I
wouldn't normally need anyway. Well worth the $80. My only nit would be it needs a softer neck lining.
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Mesh-Motorcycle-Jackets/Xelement-Invasion-Mens-Red/Black-Mesh-Armored-Motorcycle-Jacket-with-Gun-Pocket/11581229.html

The Tourmaster Air intake 4 appears to be higher quality and the armor Is comfortable. The neck is fleeced better than the Xe. It also comes in long sizes and has a warmth vest and a water proof lining.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-intake-air-40-jacket#size_chart_tab

Of course, you are paying over $200 for this puppy. But it does come with some extras...If you care to use the zip / snap in fasten liners, rain liner and warmth vest, be sure to practice this operation of putting them in and out. I might carry them on a day trip
where I don't expect rain but on tour I will have my Bilt Storm when the weather comes in.

I would say the Air intake four winds hands down. I just wish they would lower the price and forget the liners....I don't really want a jacket that lets in water freely and then stops it with a liner........and the vest offers minimal warmth....

Riding today in the 80 degree weather has shown me the value of having some sort of mesh jacket in my arsenal, on tour and off.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I normally wear a waterproof Bilt "Storm" which I like very much but despite all the vent zippers, it is too hot after 75 degrees so I decided to try a mesh jacket...not as a substitute but as a carry along on touring rides.
I watched about a million on line vids and all the Revzilla vids and decided to try two jackets. The Xelement Invasion and the Tourmaster Air Intake 4. The Xelement is a basic jacket with a zip out warmth lining which I
wouldn't normally need anyway. Well worth the $80. My only nit would be it needs a softer neck lining.
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Mesh-Motorcycle-Jackets/Xelement-Invasion-Mens-Red/Black-Mesh-Armored-Motorcycle-Jacket-with-Gun-Pocket/11581229.html

The Tourmaster Air intake 4 appears to be higher quality and the armor Is comfortable. The neck is fleeced better than the Xe. It also comes in long sizes and has a warmth vest and a water proof lining.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-intake-air-40-jacket#size_chart_tab

Of course, you are paying over $200 for this puppy. But it does come with some extras...If you care to use the zip / snap in fasten liners, rain liner and warmth vest, be sure to practice this operation of putting them in and out. I might carry them on a day trip
where I don't expect rain but on tour I will have my Bilt Storm when the weather comes in.

I would say the Air intake four winds hands down. I just wish they would lower the price and forget the liners....I don't really want a jacket that lets in water freely and then stops it with a liner........and the vest offers minimal warmth....

Riding today in the 80 degree weather has shown me the value of having some sort of mesh jacket in my arsenal, on tour and off.

Top Bottom