Question about Givi mount bracket E221 for NT

jackgermain

I ordered the Givi mount bracket and Givi case for my NT. I was born with two left hands and 10 thumbs. I looked at the instructions on line and really on find some pictures. My question is about drilling the tail piece of the NT. How will I know where to drill ? I don't want to goof this up but am puzzled about the drilling. Should I put it all together and then see how it matches up and go from there or is there something like a template with the instructions ? If you put the Givi E221 bracket on your bike and you can help me out I sure would appreciate it. Thanks and Happy 4th-- Jack

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Are you mounting this one:
http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/e221 ins2 copy.jpg

Like Phil, I went the SW Mo-tech ALU-Rack and adapter route. If I remember right, the spots you drill are actually marked on the underside of the plastic cover. I could be wrong and thinking of a different bike. Should be easy enough to look. You will have to take it off anyway to install the E221. Since you are mounting to stock locations on the bike, the spot you drill should be the same for the different mounting solutions.

OP
OP

jackgermain

Are you mounting this one:
http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/e221 ins2 copy.jpg

Like Phil, I went the SW Mo-tech ALU-Rack and adapter route. If I remember right, the spots you drill are actually marked on the underside of the plastic cover. I could be wrong and thinking of a different bike. Should be easy enough to look. You will have to take it off anyway to install the E221. Since you are mounting to stock locations on the bike, the spot you drill should be the same for the different mounting solutions.
Yes that is the one I am putting on the bike. I talked with GIVI USA and they told me that the E221 will fit all MONOKEY cases and goes with the NT. You are right the drill points are under the tail section. I'm a worry wart on top of having two left hands. Thanks for the replies.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
If you're talking about drilling into that black tailpiece, there are round marks on the underside. Remove it from the bike, flip it over and you'll see them.

OP
OP

jackgermain

If you're talking about drilling into that black tailpiece, there are round marks on the underside. Remove it from the bike, flip it over and you'll see them.
Well I took off the piece like you said and then flipped it over but still can't see the place to drill. I must say it was pretty difficult to flip over. It took four of us. Once we got the bike flipped over it was OK but difficult to flip again back onto the wheels !! Just kidding !! Thanks for the reply. :smile:

OP
OP

jackgermain

So a update. Put the givi mount on and placed the givi 460 top case on. The bracket was easy to put on. The top case will be my go to junk drawer for sure. I like it a lot a lot and think it is good looking too.

Top Bottom