Powertraveller Bike Monkey - FAIL

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
On 13th June, 2015 I purchased a Bike Monkey USB Charger from Powertraveller. Unfortunately it doesn't fit the Honda Powerlet 12v socket from Honda Accessories Catalogue, Honda Part Number 08V70-MCS-800.

The problem is the Bike Monkey is way too narrow and also a little long so the wider part only just touches the outer rim.

If I were to guess, I would guess that Powertraveller **only** looked at BMW's power socket and designed for that. Not looking at other systems when designing your USB adaptor was probably a little short-sighted even if you thought "lets just target the money".

In the meantime Powertraveller, please change the name of your Bike Monkey to "BMW Bike Monkey" so as not to confuse the tens of millions of others who don't have a BMW motorcycle.

Oh and I've tried it in the 3 different 12v sockets that I have in my American RV and it doesn't fit any of them either! What does it fit?

So sad.

Don't waste your money on the Powertraveller Bike Monkey

Last edited:
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Does it not fit Powerlet sockets? That's what it looks like.

It is not made to fit cigarette lighter type sockets.

I put two Powerlet sockets on the Goose when I rewired it. They are great for any application where you need some good current flow, like heated gear or an air compressor.

OP
OP
JQL

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
No, It seems it only fits BMW style sockets which are narrower than ordinary ones.

It would have been nice if they had said so more prominently rather than calling it "World's Smallest Motorbike USB Charger BikeMonkey" it should be "World's Smallest BMW Motorbike USB Charger BikeMonkey"

Oh it's a powerlet usb charger. With a name like that you'd think there was something actually original or clever about it.

Top Bottom