That dag nab it Fill Spot for the Drive Shaft

Nicole

Ok so How does one get that loose so that the Final Drive/Drive shaft oil can be changed? or at least i think i have found it under the saddle bag but on top of the alumin piece that the drain is also on.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Piece 22 is the drain plug, located at the bottom of the Final Drive, and operated will an allen wrench.
Piece 2 is the fill plug, located at just below and to the right of axle, and operated 17mm wrench(?).
Piece 5 in the vent. Don't remove it.

Capture.JPG

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Nicole:

A word of caution. The fill plug nut is easily rounded of so make sure that you use a six-point socket or wrench when you remove it. Also, before reinstalling it, put some anti-sieze compound liberally on the threads and don't tighten it too tight. The "o"-ring on the plug nut is what seals it not tightness.

Hope this helps, any ?, just holler.

Mike

jackgermain

Works the same as a lower unit on the outboard motor. Don't know if that help or not but the diagram you already received is perfect.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
put the bike on center stand. correct level is when nut #2 removed can just feel or see oil inside level with bottom of hole / threads. shouldn't be too hard since florida is pretty much flat :p:rolleyes1:

OP
OP

Nicole

Awesome guys! Thank You dk I would have removed the wrong bits!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
By the way, it's not really driveshaft oil because everything you put into the final drive case stays there. The swingarm cavity that contains the driveshaft is mostly dry and isolated from the final drive.

Top Bottom