Thermometer

Bike
1999 Kawasaki Concours,
Has anyone added a digital thermometer to their NT. Preferably an inexpensive one.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Meat thermometer. Not to my NT. On the steering stem of the Goose. If you really wanted, just drill a small hole in one of the 'speaker' grills, add some double sided tape, and slip it in there.

Or, I saw the other day they now make USB cig lighter adapters that have a voltage readout as well as temp. So, install a 12v cig lighter outlet and plug one of those into it. Probably not waterproof. $10-$20

FWIW, I did try one of the inexpensive units for cars. One that had a clock, interior and exterior. LCD readout. The LCD was frequently 'blacked out' from being in direct sunlight. When it stopped working after a couple months I tossed it.

Bike
'10 nt700v red
This is not cheap, about $40.00 on Ebay, but it works quite well. Trail Tech TTO-722-ES2. I drilled and tapped the handlebar hold down piece and mounted it between the bolts. It has a remote sensor that be mounted anywhere. The only negative is that the battery is not replaceable and is supposed to last five years. When the battery goes flat it is possible to only buy the gauge because it unplugs from the sensor.
John

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
try a 3 in 1, radar detector, volt meter, and temp gage. Whistler Crusader

Top Bottom