OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Hee hee - after Mike's reply, I'll try to give you a straight answer. (Though I like his!)

It's held along with the ST Owner's Group, and its headquartered at a camp ground. (We softies stay at a Mom & Pop motel.) Among the NT Owner's Group folks, I'd guess there are about 20-25 riders - something like that. You will also be surprised at the number of people who come who no longer ride NTs. To the best of my knowledge, nobody ever takes an official count (well, maybe Mellow does), but its a very loosely run affair. Be there in the morning, find some folks to ride with (Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore, etc.) enjoy the day, then sit around at night swapping lies while enjoying your favorite adult beverage. Very wide range in personalities.

At 1,600 miles from Spearfish, I doubt you would be the person from farthest away. Come on and join us -
+1.. Usually around 20 NT Owners and quite a bit more of the ST Owners but that's understandable. Doesn't matter as everyone gets along well and so far there haven't been any NT vs ST gang fights. Hope you can make it, it's great group of folks and great place to ride.

Bike
2010 NT700V
+1.. Usually around 20 NT Owners and quite a bit more of the ST Owners but that's understandable. Doesn't matter as everyone gets along well and so far there haven't been any NT vs ST gang fights. Hope you can make it, it's great group of folks and great place to ride.
Thanks for the info, I'll get my schedule together the first of the year. I'll also have to decide whether to ride the Concours 14 or the NT. Haven't ridden the NT that far yet. BB

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Thanks for the info, I'll get my schedule together the first of the year. I'll also have to decide whether to ride the Concours 14 or the NT. Haven't ridden the NT that far yet. BB
You will be well mounted on either of your bikes, with this bunch there us a mix of everything from older Harleys to the latest JR's and goldwings to even possibly a pedal bike or two or even someone might just show up in a cage.

Eldon

Bike
Bonneville T120
13 to the 16 of July. Is 13 the arrival date or do "planned activities" start on the 13th?

Is there a preplanned itinerary? Or do thing's just happen?

I spent 6 weeks in Spearfish in 1973. I wonder if anything has changed? Ha!

I wouldn't camp, is it too early to book at Bell's?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Dan, I'll arrive in Spearfish on the 12th. For the most part, stuff just happens. The "Event" is the Friday night pizza party and swag giveaway. Mellow always manages to snag some pretty good stuff -- don't ask me how.

Friday night is also the evening when I usually drink stove fuel mixed with Bourbon.

Some people hang around on Saturday, too.

The best thing about this rally is that it's very low key. We ride in groups of people who want to do the same things. Sometimes the rides are sorta' strange, like in '14, when Jim Moore, Rick Ryan, and I rode to North Dakota mainly because we couldn't think of any other reason that we'd ever go there and we wanted to check one more state off our list. It was an interesting ride with about 60 miles of road construction and temps of 110F.

Those of us who stay at Bell's smoke cigars, drink beer and wine, and have deep philosophical discussions.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
. . . Those of us who stay at Bell's smoke cigars, drink beer and wine, and have deep philosophical discussions.

What Phil said.

Join us at Bell's, Dan - besides, I want to talk to you about that Trophy SE.

Bike
Bonneville T120
Dan, I'll arrive in Spearfish on the 12th. For the most part, stuff just happens. The "Event" is the Friday night pizza party and swag giveaway. Mellow always manages to snag some pretty good stuff -- don't ask me how.

Friday night is also the evening when I usually drink stove fuel mixed with Bourbon.

Some people hang around on Saturday, too.

The best thing about this rally is that it's very low key. We ride in groups of people who want to do the same things. Sometimes the rides are sorta' strange, like in '14, when Jim Moore, Rick Ryan, and I rode to North Dakota mainly because we couldn't think of any other reason that we'd ever go there and we wanted to check one more state off our list. It was an interesting ride with about 60 miles of road construction and temps of 110F.

Those of us who stay at Bell's smoke cigars, drink beer and wine, and have deep philosophical discussions.

Should I make a reservation at Bell's now?

I was thinking a ride up to Medora, ND and a pass through Theodore Roosevelt NP might be in order, but it's a long day.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Just a minor correction, the items mentioned below also occur at the campground... LOL
AND the campers and motelers have been known to crash each other's evening gatherings as well as sharing company at breakfasts and dinners.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Should I make a reservation at Bell's now?

I was thinking a ride up to Medora, ND and a pass through Theodore Roosevelt NP might be in order, but it's a long day.
If you do, I'll be willing to ride with you.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
AND the campers and motelers have been known to crash each other's evening gatherings as well as sharing company at breakfasts and dinners
Absolutely! I missed the pizza party last year because a friend who had come to Spearfish ended up at the ER Friday evening. I plan on spending more time with campers this year. I miised seeing a number of friends for more than just a few minutes last year.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Just how big is this Black Hills Corvette classic thingy going on during OUR rally? 13th through the 16th? 10 or 20 cars/Motel rooms?

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Just how big is this Black Hills Corvette classic thingy going on during OUR rally? 13th through the 16th? 10 or 20 cars/Motel rooms?
"Each year over 400 Corvettes embark on the pilgrimage and join the party that is the Black Hills Corvette Classic." See the website Here.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
When the Corvette club we were members of did their annual show it was that big. Fortunately metro Atlanta can handle 1,000+ people without a blink. But the hotels near the hosting dealership were gone months in advance.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I TOLD you guys to start making reservations. Between the Corvette deal and the art show at the fish hatchery on the weekend, we (and I mean you because I got my reservation in at Bell's) might not be even to get campsites. When I told the Forum about this issue, Mellow still hadn't made any reservations at Chris's Campground.

Mellow, any change in that?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I TOLD you guys to start making reservations. Between the Corvette deal and the art show at the fish hatchery on the weekend, we (and I mean you because I got my reservation in at Bell's) might not be even to get campsites. When I told the Forum about this issue, Mellow still hadn't made any reservations at Chris's Campground.

Mellow, any change in that?
I called and left a message so they know... they never called back and I don't really expect the campground to be full at all.. how much camping gear can you get in a corvette.. lol

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I talked to the lady at Chris' Campground after Phil's alert about lodging. She knows about the events and she didn't see a problem with us camping there. She would appreciate reservations though.

Top Bottom