6th Nat'l NT Rally - July 6-9, 2016 - Spearfish, SD

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
how much camping gear can you get in a corvette.. lol
You missed a big part of the "camping" process with Corvette owners...a really big part! :D The "camping gear" goes in to the motor home that pulls the trailer with the "trailer queen" Corvette on or in it. :eek1: Change "Corvette" to "Harley" and it is the same thing I see heading through Atlanta for Bike Week every year....:rolleyes1:

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
The ? on how much gear can you get in a Corvett depends entirely on Which modle you have. 07 roadster trunk has more storage than most bikes as long as the top stays in the up position.

Real Vetts and Harleys are ridden or driven!! or in some cases chaufered:smile:

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
BUTT if there is a DATE CHANGE now is the time to doit before all plans wre written into concrete!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
It might be worth sliding the Rally back a week. I agree with Eldon -- if we're going to do that, we need to do it now.

Scott at Bell's told me that the Art event at Fish Hatchery Park draws more people than the population of Spearfish every year. Add that to the Corvette deal and there are going to be a whole bunch of folks in Spearfish from Thursday through Saturday at least.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
So, as it stands now, both the campground and motel are full?

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I've got a reservation at Bell's, but nobody who waited long after I made mine has got one there except for Corvette people or art freaks. I'm pretty sure I could change my reservation date till a week later, but I haven't checked on that.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Since it appears that many will not be able to make a rez for accommodations, it makes sense to bump the date back a week. There is nothing cast in stone that sez the NT'ers have to have the same date as the ST'ers is there? Also, has anyone check to see if the following week is clear with the campground and the motel? The following week could be the annual get together of the Argyle Sock Afficianados or sumpin and I have heard that they can be a pretty wild group when they get together.

Mike

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Looking at the Spearfish chamber of commerce events site, our only competition a week before is the Canyon Acoustic series at the park, which entails a bunch of geezers blowing over half filled jugs of white lightning....we will fit right in! The other option if you want to see Mellow and the rest of the ST folk is to move OUR ralley three days back. It looks like the Bell has rooms...those that want to stay for pizza night, feel free. I am having lunch with Frosty on Monday and he wants a room so we shall discuss our options...

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I'll make a call tomorrow and change the date then so it's likely to move back a week

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Looking at the Spearfish chamber of commerce events site, our only competition a week before is the Canyon Acoustic series at the park, which entails a bunch of geezers blowing over half filled jugs of white lightning....we will fit right in! The other option if you want to see Mellow and the rest of the ST folk is to move OUR ralley three days back. It looks like the Bell has rooms...those that want to stay for pizza night, feel free. I am having lunch with Frosty on Monday and he wants a room so we shall discuss our options...
Hmmmm.... switch geezers blowing over half-filled jugs of white lightning to half-filled jugs of Coleman fuel and Phil fits right in..... I'm just sayin'.....

Mike
(who couldn't he'p hisself)

:rofl1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Hmmmm.... switch geezers blowing over half-filled jugs of white lightning to half-filled jugs of Coleman fuel and Phil fits right in..... I'm just sayin'.....

Mike
(who couldn't he'p hisself)

:rofl1:
I'd try white lightnin'...don't know if I'll ever deliberately try Coleman fuel.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I'd try white lightnin'...don't know if I'll ever deliberately try Coleman fuel.
I haven't tried Coleman fuel...:wink: But the "white lightnin'" I've tried tasted like getting a mouthful of gas when siphoning fuel...:eek1: Burned a real purty blue color, like rubbing alcohol, when I lit some off... No redeeming qualities at all....:rolleyes1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
No redeeming qualities at all....
The same can be said of stove fuel. Jim Beam with stove fuel was nasty; Starbucks instant coffee with stove fuel was really nasty.

The up-side was that I was only partially blind in one eye for about half a day.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Hmm, decisions, decisions! I may need to put a hitch on the Vette and trailer the bike!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
The dates for this event have officially changed to July 6-9, 2016. Very sorry for the inconvenience but this should make it easier to deal with camping and hotels outside of the dates for the other events happening the following week.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Thanks, the news is out now.

So, when is pizza night?
I was hoping no one would show up so I'd have about a 50% chance of winning a door prize.
But I'd really rather enjoy the company of the assemblage of riders present.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Thanks, the news is out now.

So, when is pizza night?
I was hoping no one would show up so I'd have about a 50% chance of winning a door prize.
But I'd really rather enjoy the company of the assemblage of riders present.
It will be on that Friday the 8th.

FYI - You'll have to re-RSVP to get added back to that list, just the way it works.

Top Bottom