NT Gathering, May 12-15, 2016, Davis WV

Even though I am moving to Richmond Virginia next month I am still planning to attend this meet up. I couldn't get there last year because of medical issues.

Bike
Bonneville T120
Maybe next year. I've decided to do the Stayin' Safe Advanced rider training program in SE Ohio. It's the same weekend as the Davis gathering.

This will be the 3rd or 4th year for this gathering and it's grown each year. Davis is near the eastern end of KY and the western end of VA.

The onsite hotel is the Alpine Lodge, 850 Sawmill Lane, in Davis (304) 239-0505 , with extremely reasonable rates and clean, basic rooms. The Sawmill restaurant is in the same building as the hotel and most of us ate there every morning, plus we did our day ride plans there. In addition Davis has 4 B & Bs, plus a larger hotel, the Canaan Valley Resort Hotel some distance from Davis.

:eek:
My friend Tom (Triumph Explorer rider) would like to attend the rally again this year, but prefers moteling it. I am forwarding him the info on the Alpine Lodge so he can make reservations himself.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The Alpine Lodge isn't fancy or new but it's clean with ultra-reasonable prices and has everything we need. Phone number is (304) 239-0505. Weekday rates are $58 + tax and Fri-Sat-Sun are $63 + tax.

Having the breakfast restaurant in the same building makes it nice and they don't mind us sitting around and yakking while Duane (WVRider) charts yet another great route from his infinite memory of the local roads! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Two months to go before we gather in Davis so please firm-up your plans if you're planning to attend! :)

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Also, If you plan to camp, just let me know so I can figure for how many. That way we can get a few sites beside each other. They will not take any reservations before the end of April and this will avoid everyone calling and getting different sites. I will gladly put together a list of those planning to camp and then reserve my favorite spots to cover our needs. They are never busy that time of year so won't be a problem getting sites. We camp at Restrite Campground just up the street from the Alpine Lodge for your informational needs.

Thanks

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[..i'm going 1 day earlier on Thursday night to get in on Friday's ride..]

Obviously a mileage challenge to RUSTINPEACE. :)

I'm also thinking about possibly trying to arrive on Thursday night.

P.S. I just checked my odometer I've still got 7,428 miles to go until the 150,000 award and only 43 days until this gathering.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
DirtFlier; said:
140528Obviously a mileage challenge to RUSTINPEACE. :)
no,no.....I was referring to his tag challenge from advrider that he did last year, if he might have another nearby to do. I wouldn't challenge anybody.........

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I not going to make the May gathering, just no time in May for me to get away. Any riders interested in a June gathering? Either camping or motel gathering, WV, TN or KY would be my preferred location.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Just under 3-weeks until our gathering in Davis and I'm looking forward to it! Those who are camping need to contact WVRider (Duane) so he can get a spot
for you at the local campground. See you there! :)

I made my reservations yesterday at the hotel. I'll get there late Thursday afternoon. What's the latest count on the number of us that are going to be there?

wvladyrider

Hello everyone ! just wanted to let you know I spoke with Kathy at the Alpine Lodge and they're giving anyone that stays from our group a group rate. Here's the information. Make sure you tell them you're with the NT group when you make the reservations.

For repeat customers like yourselves - Minimum one room booked
1 Queen $46, 2 Full size $56, 3 Full size $86. Rates are per night + tax. Make sure to mention "NT Group"

She asked how many we should block and I wasn't sure so am kind of guessing but will ask her to block 5. If there's more I'm sure there won't be a problem.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
It looks like 10 just looking at this thread but there will be others who have not responded (or tag alongs?) and they will probably show up, similar to last year.

Deb & I will be at the hotel on Thursday, early PM. :)

wvladyrider

Make sure you tell hotel you're with the NT group - they are offering us group rate on rooms

Does anyone know if the Alpine Lodge requires credit card info to make a reservation? Or can I just call and tell them I'm going to be there?
P.S. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if the Alpine Lodge requires credit card info to make a reservation? Or can I just call and tell them I'm going to be there?
P.S. Thanks in advance.
They took my card number but won't charge until I actually stay there. I didn't ask about cancellation policy.

Top Bottom