NT Gathering, May 12-15, 2016, Davis WV

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Well folks it's almost here. I have campsite reserved and there several available. Again, they advise this is early season for them so no problems if more show up than have advised me. I plan to be there early afternoon on Thursday. Watch for orange ribbon on campsite/s. Will hang on trees of site/s reserved. With cancellations, I'm only showing 4 of us camping right now. I'm still planning on leaving the Parkersburg area on Tuesday late morning and riding to Watoga State Park for a couple days if anyone interested in a little extra ridding. Will leave there on Thursday morning and head to Davis. See you all next week.

Mel

Bike
2010 red NT
I'm planning to be there if the weather is decent, and will camp. Will probably arrive Friday afternoon.

Mel

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Any buddy who can not make the May gathering: I hope to ride down in June for a few days. Actually on the 14th I be riding with a photographer on my BMW at the River Bank Run in Grand Rapids, MI. Sometime I wish I say no, instead of if you really need....

So if anyone interested in June, let me know. I not a camper, so a motel near good riding in Smokies.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Miairhead: Respectfully, your request needs to be its OWN topic and not tagged onto the NT Gathering in Davis. If you decide to make it your own topic, you'll need real dates and locations. :)

Last edited:
The weather for Friday and Saturday is not encouraging. I'm coming anyway. Maybe Duane can find us some roads under the trees.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've been checking the weather for about the past week and keep hoping we'll catch a break. What was the storm center (?) this morning is moving at good speed and may be past OH by Tuesday PM. Of course that may mean more rain for you East Coast guys on Thursday-Friday.

No real winners in this scenario so we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited:

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Well guys I'm bailing only on the early ride to Watoga. Am heading for Davis rain or shine on Thursday morning. Will see all those who don't melt or float away Thurday. Life Is Good !

Last edited:

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
got reservations at hotel for thur-sat nights. yes the forecast is not good, but hope it stays north or moves fast east. i got saturday night low is 37 with little flakes mixed in. hope the weatherman is off......

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The Alpine Lodge is so reasonable that there's no reason to camp with rain being in the area. :)

ps. be sure to tell them you're with the NT group.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've also been watching the predicted temps several times a day. The way they list the Hi/Lo temps for the day is confusing because it might say 56/35 and the latter number doesn't occur during that day but actually the next morning which is the next day. Using that logic (?) it appears our coldest morning will be on Sunday when we depart for home.

See you at the Alpine! :)

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Not much of a warm May. 75 one day, 50 the next. Way too much rain, hope the rest of season evens this out. How dry enough for the attendees to get some riding in those nice WV roads.

OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
We rode here yesterday and only had about 15-minutes of very light rain and it occurred about 20-min from Davis. It's been raining off & on this morning but it looks like most of the wet stuff is now east of us so we're taking off for a ride to the west. As far as I know, there are 8 of us here, in spite of the dreadful weather forecast. It might drop into the 30s on Sunday morning when we all depart for home.

Mel

Bike
2010 red NT
After looking at the weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday, I've decided not to go. Disappointed, I was looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

Sorry I had to leave this morning. Last night I lost the aunt that raised me. She was 100 years old and live a full life, but I still wouldn't have been very good company today.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Sorry I had to leave this morning. Last night I lost the aunt that raised me. She was 100 years old and live a full life, but I still wouldn't have been very good company today.
Sorry for your loss Barry.. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It was great to see you again though.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Though marred by some bad weather, those who came enjoyed Thursdays and Fridays riding and especially the comradery we all shared. It was great to see all those who attended. Hardcore NT riders for sure.

The weather was great for my trip there and only had me on wet roads for a short distance. The sun came out and we had an enjoyable evening including campfire time. Bob, John and I even got some ride time in before dark. The mountain roads spark feelings one can't explain.

Like Proposals ? ? ?

Acceptance ?? ??

And Wedding chapel ? ? Hey wait a minute guys ! !

LOL, no marriages were performed. However lots of fun was had by all.

even though we cut the event short and those remaining on Saturday morning headed their ways. I had rain all the way home Saturday however enjoyed my ride regardless. Even got to wave a Dirtflier and Debbie a couple times along the route.

Hope everyone made a safe trip home and I'll be looking for you all the next adventure. Below is a link to all the photos I have at this moment. Will put a few off the phone on there later.
http://s105.photobucket.com/user/djphotos1/library/WVNT_2016

Last edited:
Thanks Duane for guiding the group with precision, your an outstanding leader. Arrived home without a hitch except for the 150 miles of rain and high wind. Great to see everyone and looking forward to the next gathering.

ladtodt

My condolences to you for your loss Barry. It was good to meet you, and I look forward to seeing you again.

Top Bottom