Barber Vintage Fest

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Anyone planning on attending the Barber Vintage Fest in Birmingham, AL October9-11th? #2 son and I are tentatively planning on riding down for the event. I would look forward to meeting some of y'all who might be there as well.

Mike

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Not this year but I highly recommend. Be sure if the ball of death is there you check that out. My son and I had a great time, we stayed at Drury Motel, dinner and breakfast with even a couple of beers. Hopefully it won't be as hot as it was a few years ago. Don't forget Maggie Valley on route to or fro.

Considering it weather permitting - might be the first long ride for me on the NT as opposed to the Vstrom.
Weather will be a factor but I would like to do an Ozarks run this year....it's a hike from Toronto tho.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Considering it weather permitting - might be the first long ride for me on the NT as opposed to the Vstrom.
Weather will be a factor but I would like to do an Ozarks run this year....it's a hike from Toronto tho.
The weather in Birmingham should be delightful in October. May be a bit dicey in your neck of the woods though. If you make an Ozarks run, look me up. That's my neck of the woods.

Mike

Not worried about Virginia and south....it's north of that can get dicey. Hopefully will get the heated grips on. 57 this morning in Toronto ...nice relief from 80-90 last week

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
We returned yesterday from a wonderful weekend at Barber. The museum is absolutely spectacular. By far the best you will ever see. The event itself was very well run and the facility was impeccable. If you ever have the opportunity to attend, you should. It should be on every motorcyclist's bucket list. I also saw four other NT's (2 red, 2 silver) while we were there but did not connect with the owners.

Mike

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Barber is a fantastic facility, and great place and always well hosted. Hope you saw the Ball of Death (if there), amazing riding in that cage.

Bike
2010 silver NT700v
I was there Friday and Saturday....mikesim and I communicated with each other by phone / txt on Saturday...but couldn't seem to hook up...

Bike
2010 silver NT700v
We returned yesterday from a wonderful weekend at Barber. The museum is absolutely spectacular. By far the best you will ever see. The event itself was very well run and the facility was impeccable. If you ever have the opportunity to attend, you should. It should be on every motorcyclist's bucket list. I also saw four other NT's (2 red, 2 silver) while we were there but did not connect with the owners.

Mike
You kinda connected with me

Bike
2010 silver NT700v
Was there on Saturday (in Ace Corner, best place to watch!). Saw one red and one silver NT. The silver had a bright yellow full face sitting on it. Anyone here claim this one?
My NT was parked across road from Ace Corner entrance....(had no more room for bike parking at the time I arrived...)....my NT is silver...had my helmet (in a black and yellow Scorpion cover)..cargo neted to the seat...

Top Bottom