I lowered the pags

Bike
2011 NT700VA
I lowered the pegs

I'm 6'4" and have a 35" inseam and the leg position was a bit tight. I bought a set of brackets to lower the pegs from Motorcycle Larry. Installation was very easy on the shifter side, as the 2 nuts on the rod just had to be loosened to lower the shifter pedal. The brake side was a bit more difficult.

I ended up removing the entire bracket that holds the rear brake system. Note, you have to remove a bolt in the saddle bag to get it free. I was able to remove the C ring (top) without the C -ring pliers, but had to go buy a set to get it reinstalled. You also have to pull the cotter pin on the rear master cylinder, and I ended up replacing that cotter pin.

One note. Upon lowering the pedal, the brake light switch will probably be activated and the brake light always on. There is an adjustment wheel at the top of the bracket that you can reach down and feel. Back that off and you should be good.

Best,

Last edited:
Bike
11VStrom650 & 16Tiger800
Great pics and explanation. I'm thinking about doing this since I lowered my seat. Probably when winter gets here.

Wanda P.

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have the MCL lowering pegs on my NT (32" inseam). Like everything else, there are pluses and minuses. Getting the brake light switch just right can be tricky as stated above, but also be aware that the pegs stick out farther to the sides as well... at least an inch on either side, so I have to "toe in" to operate the brake or shift levers. Ground clearance in the corners was also adversely affected. While its nice these pegs retain the factory spring loading, I have had a few peg scraping/pucker moments that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Having the extra "leg room" is nice, but I'm actually thinking about going back to stock.

Top Bottom