[How To] I added a digital voltmeter and thermometer

Bike
2011 NT700VA
The digital voltmeter is one I pulled off my PC800 before I sold it. It's water proof, as well as the thermometer I bought off eBay, Chinese in origin unfortunately. Works well, just prefer to by this kind of stuff from the good 'ol USA.

Wired it with spade quick connects.

Drilled 2 holes in the wall of the right pocket, then installed grommets for the wiring and temperature probe. Spliced into the accessory harness for keyed power.

I tried the probe inside the cowl, but it picked up too much heat and was not accurate.

I ended up installing it in the chin spoiler.

Now I'm getting very accurate reading and it's not really noticable unless you are looking for it.

I hope this helps anybody that is looking to do something similar.

Bike
Honda NT700V
It'd be a good idea to insulate those spade lugs, or better yet, replace them with a proper connector.

I haven't had any luck with my thermometer. It's completely inaccurate no matter where I put the probe.

You might consider some fork gaitors to save yourself from having to replace the fork seals. There's a thread about it somewhere on the forum.

ett

The digital voltmeter is one I pulled off my PC800 before I sold it. It's water proof, as well as the thermometer I bought off eBay, Chinese in origin unfortunately. Works well, just prefer to by this kind of stuff from the good 'ol USA.
I was considering adding both of these items to my NT I just bought.
I was going to add a Kuryakyn LED voltmeter. Had one on my GSXR and was satisfied with it. But I would prefer a digital or analog meter.

Do you have the Brand and model numbers of the voltmeter and thermometers ?

Thanks;

--ET

Top Bottom