Windscreen swap..

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
No I found it pretty straightforward, although I did find that the addition of some rubber washers either side of the bolts on the screen eliminated the wobble I was getting at the top of the screen when I was at a standstill with the engine ticking over.

OP
OP
MacDoc
Thanks - found an informative video - pretty kiss. Not sure my NT had ever been in it's full up position as it seemed there were only 4 detents not 5.

There also seems a conflict with the wider screen and the wind deflectors. Glad I did not pull the trigger on the deflectors.

Has anyone used spacers to change the screen angle? I adore the Madstad screens/brackets for that feature. Seems there is pretty good leverage to shift the screen angle a good few degrees.

Burgmans used to have 4 screws mounting the windscreen but recently switched to 6 to reduce or eliminate cracking.
I never travelled at high speed with the screen on the Burgman Exec at highest setting.
This was one reason I wanted a slightly bigger screen for the NT so I did not need to leave it at full up.
I do like the range of the NT screen....you can drop it to sports setting for good road viz in the twists.

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
What screen are you swapping. If its a V-Stream it does not interfere with the Honda wind deflectors. The extra width on the V-Stream is at the top which is not near the deflectors. There are 4 positions above the bottom or first position. I thought I read that the screen has 8" of travel from top to bottom.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[..I thought I read that the screen has 8" of travel from top to bottom...]

I'm prepping my bike for a trip to Lewisburg, WV so it was handy for measuring. From bottom-to-top, the internal tracks allow 5.5" of movement. It's been almost 2 months since I rode the NT so I'm getting excited. Sort of like meeting a long time friend. All this time, I've been riding my NC700X/DCT. :)

OP
OP
MacDoc
I just found the top position ....that is a huge travel.

I don't think the Parabellum will work with the wind deflectors.....wish I'd discovered the higher stock position.

Any tips on lubing the track ....seem very stiff which is why I missed the full up position.....original owner was shorter and likely never put it full up.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Any tips on lubing the track ....seem very stiff which is why I missed the full up position.....original owner was shorter and likely never put it full up.
They need to be cleaned and lubed to work well. I use a light coat of good quality grease.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I much prefer Silicone Spray because unlike grease, it doesn't attract dirt.

OP
OP
MacDoc
Looks good and easy swap - easier with two.

Looks like the wind deflectors will work too

Damn thing sure goes up a long ways. It is very sturdy and certainly does a nice job on the highway.

$40 top case looks okay too. Not attached yet

Top Bottom