Numb hands

tawilke46

I installed heavy weight Throttlemeisters and Grip Puppies, helped a lot, but did not entirely eliminate the vibration. The larger grips also fill the hand better so you don't have to grip so hard.
Thinking about adding a throttle rocker to take pressure off the wrist. Used one on my PC and remember it took some time getting used to.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Grip puppies and other foam grips for me were more slippery than gel grips or even waffle rubber grips. Which made me need to grip tighter. Otherwise they were a good idea.

Bluerider3

I have seen some riders go so far as filling their bars with shot to add weight to the bar and dampen the vibration. Personally I just use Kuryakyn Isogrips on my bars and am happy with that.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
FWIW, I've tried a lot of different things, including bar weights of various types. The problem is the vibration is a primary, ie, the bars are vibrating the same as the engine and the frame of the bike. Nothing like bar weights work very well. I suspect it is because the bars are very stiff (as they should be). The only thing I have not tried is isolators (like the Rox version).

But, isolators by themselves will not work if the bars are "light". The bars need to be heavy. So I suspect the best reduction would be seen with isolators and as much weight in the bar as you can get (including bar ends). Then the isolator rubber can 'work' to dampen any vibration from the frame of the bike.

I just live with it and use a throttle lock so I can move my hands around. If it isn't a curvy road I just rest the palms of my hands on the grips.

Tonydtiger1971

At first I just wrapped the bars with the tennis racket grip($2.97) and it helped quite a bit. Just installed the ROX risers with anti-vibration and now I can hardly feel the vibration. I did leave the grip on there too. :)

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Some of us are just more prone to numbness. My hands like to go numb on a bicycle also. Even laying my arm on the back of a chair or couch can cut off the circulation enough to make my arm numb and make me move it.

Brad

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Some of us are just more prone to numbness. My hands like to go numb on a bicycle also. Even laying my arm on the back of a chair or couch can cut off the circulation enough to make my arm numb and make me move it.

Brad
This is the case for me....I can carry a five gallon bucket and get numb hands....the throttle lock and cruise control are the answer....

Top Bottom