[Review] Dry Pak waterproof duffel (Large)

Bike
2010 Red NT700
The CPAP probably would but I am not spending another dime on camp acoutrement this year
Battery systems for the machine are in the hundreds and I seriously doubt I could run it off my bike for 6 hours and have a viable conveyance to the next campground in the morning

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
We'll remembe this when you spend your next dime on caming equipment. :)

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Just received my blue large Dry Pak. Well made, priced right. It will make the trip to Spearfish in July with all the camping gear in it. Thanks for the tip!

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I have been looking for a dry bag to go on top of one of my side cases (ammo can). This one is a bit too big.

Has anyone tried the Nelson Rigg dry bags?

Charlie b, I started out with the Twisted Throttle bags (great bags, but too slow to load and unload); then went to the Dry Pak bag which was fast to load and unload but too big; and now I've gone to the very cheap, bright yellow, Texsport Float Bag. They make them in about four sizes (I think that I have all the sizes) at about $20 each. They are out of production but i think that you can still get them on Amazon or Ebay or other places on the internet. I think that they have come out with a new model that is more expensive but might work for you. I have now gone to fast and small for all my camping equipment (whereas everything I had before was big and slow)! Wendell

P.S. I have a lot of bearly used camping equipment for sale!! :)

Last edited:
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I'll be a little more specific. I need a dry bag that opens the long way. Prefer something in the 35-40L range. No more than 11" wide and 22" long.

There are a ton of end opening dry bags which are sized right, I just want the wider opening.

The Nelson Rigg bag is the right size and shape just am not sure of the durability.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I also have a Nelson Rigg tank bag, which is why I am considering their dry bag.

My tank bag has over 30,000 miles on it with no signs of distress.

JoeT

Thanks for the Dry Pak Duffel review. A friend and I just completed a 1,000 mile ride to and through the Texas Hill Country - rode Hwy 16 and the Three Sisters. All my camping gear was strapped on and wrapped in plastic bags with duct tape. I'm sure to be purchasing one of these bags before the next adventure! P.S. - Any good ideas for strapping gear onto the NT700V? I did the best I could with bungee cords.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
First Gear just came out with a line of three waterproof dry bags. I bought the small 25 liter one for about $53.00. It fits easily on the passenger seat. I don't camp so its big enough for the overflow that will not fit in my side bags or top box. Appears to be well made. The lack of water resistance became apparent in the bag I used when I went to the TNT rally in the rain so an upgrade seemed like a good idea for the next trip.

http://firstgear-usa.com/luggage.html?SID=v6a1r10nj1ka048i656ls0toi0

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I have the super xtra large version of Joe's Drypak duffel...Its either 110 or 130 liters...its BIG...ROK straps are the way to go. By design they want to stay tight or get tighter as opposed to other methods which loosen over the course of a days ride

Top Bottom