Deal on Denali SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Air Horn

ADK Jim

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Rand super - where did you find the space to install your new horn and was it difficult to hook up? Did it require any additional wiring or just used the exiting wiring from the OEM horn? Thanks!

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Man, finding a place wasn't easy! I removed the right fairing pocket and zip tied it to the fairing frame rail right there underneath the pocket. Then I unhooked the wires from the factory (I hesitate to call it a horn as it is so weak) horn and then extended them around to the new horn. If you try to just hook one of these horns directly up to the factory wiring you will blow the fuse or melt the horn button or both so I also ran a fused 10 gauge (overkill but it is what I had) wire from the + battery to a relay I also zip tied to the fairing frame rail. Everything fit nicely and you can just see it if you look through the louvers on the black vent piece on the right side.

It has been there for about 8,000 miles now and works GREAT! The tone is very European, is sounds exactly like the factory horns on my buddies Ferrari 360, but very very much louder!

Bike
2010 NT700V
Man, finding a place wasn't easy! I removed the right fairing pocket and zip tied it to the fairing frame rail right there underneath the pocket. Then I unhooked the wires from the factory (I hesitate to call it a horn as it is so weak) horn and then extended them around to the new horn. If you try to just hook one of these horns directly up to the factory wiring you will blow the fuse or melt the horn button or both so I also ran a fused 10 gauge (overkill but it is what I had) wire from the + battery to a relay I also zip tied to the fairing frame rail. Everything fit nicely and you can just see it if you look through the louvers on the black vent piece on the right side.

It has been there for about 8,000 miles now and works GREAT! The tone is very European, is sounds exactly like the factory horns on my buddies Ferrari 360, but very very much louder!
Did you happen to take any photos of the install? Did you purchase the wiring harness with the horn? I think we could all use a louder horn. BB

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I always intend to take photos, but as I get caught up in the job everything else goes out the window. I often don't eat and my wife will end up coming into the garage to remind me to sleep :) The horn comes with a relay and maybe some wire, but I didn't use any of it. Ill try to get a picture of where it is mounted

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Horn Wiring Diagram.JPG
Here is a schematic of the wiring harness I made for the install. It does not show the 15amp fuse on wire from the +12v battery to pin 30 on the relay.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I documented my install of that horn on the NT in this post. That should give you some ideas.

Good luck!

Rand super - where did you find the space to install your new horn and was it difficult to hook up? Did it require any additional wiring or just used the exiting wiring from the OEM horn? Thanks!

Last edited:

ADK Jim

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Thanks for the replies & input!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've had a Stebel on my NT now for several years. Unlike the Denali, it is assembled as one piece but it does have a high dB rating!

I separated the two components - compressor & horn - and mounted the compressor in front of the left fairing pocket and the horn below the left tipover winglet, behind the plastic so it's invisible and protected from water spray. Those components are NOT made to come apart so I had to carefully cut the plastic collars that surround the compressor. Ordinarily, the compressor air outlet fits directly into a socket in the air inlet of the horn so it also required a brass hose fitting at the horn with a vinyl hose between them.

I used the original horn wire which is about the diameter of speaker wire (!), to serve as the trigger wire for the relay and used 12 ga wire to power the horn & ground wire. It was well worth the trouble!

Stebel horn.jpg

The horn is inverted in this shot and on its right side are the remnants of the shell portions that encased the compressor when they were full length.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT700V
I document my install of that horn on the NT in this post. That should give you some ideas.

Good luck!
The install looks pretty straight forward. Two questions, did you use the relay that comes with the Sound Bomb? And did you order the mounting bracket with the horn order? I noticed on the Twisted Throttle site there are two universal mounting brackets. Thanks for your help. BB

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
The install looks pretty straight forward. Two questions, did you use the relay that comes with the Sound Bomb? And did you order the mounting bracket with the horn order? I noticed on the Twisted Throttle site there are two universal mounting brackets. Thanks for your help. BB
I did use the supplied relay. I made the mounting bracket. It is just a simple piece of 1/8" aluminum that I bought at a hardware store and then cut it to allow my to attach it to the bike frame and the mounting bolt of the horn. Very simple.

OP
OP
daler
Bike
2011 Black NT700
I feel I need to confess. I returned the SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone and exchanged it for the SoundBomb mini. Not as loud but an easier install.

Top Bottom