[Review] Hyper optiks visor insert review

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Even though Transitions lenses have some limitations I would not wear glasses without them. I kept loosing my sunglasses or misplacing them or forgetting to take them with me. No worries with Transitions lenses. After a short time you do not even notice when they go through their change. The drop down sun visor in my Neotec takes care of the problem when wearing a helmet.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I just got an email from the Director of Hyper Optiks...The company has been caught off guard by the demand for this insert and they dont know when they will get the raw materials to continue production
I had the choice of waiting for the hyper optik or getting two of the clear hypershields for the same price
I took the two clears

I'm still disappointed

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I just ordered one from Amazon and it says it will be delivered by March 6.

BTW, the fairing pocket lid I ordered from Bike Bandit was delivered last Monday at 12:53pm according to the USPS tracking site. But by the time my wife and I got home after 6:30pm, it was nowhere to be found. The wind was blowing at between 45-50mph late that afternoon and the mailman had put it on the porch. First time I've ever lost a package. If somebody stole it, they're going to be very disappointed in the use they get out of an NT700V fairing pocket lid.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I bought the Hyper-Optik, and I need to stick it in so I can review it.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I bought the Hyper Optik from Amazon a couple weeks ago, arrived in two days. Bought a replacement shield for the Nolan N90 and stuck it on there. Had a chance to try it out on my first ride out for the season on the weekly drive to the office last Wednesday. The transition seems to work pretty well but I'll be more curious about really bright days. When there's a low sun or it's really bright out, I find that the built-in drop down sun shield is not dark enough. So it was my hope the hyper optik would work for what I need most of the time and when it's super bright or riding into a setting sun, I could drop the internal sun shield for even more shade.

I don't know if it's uv triggered or not, or if my shield blocks uv or not, but the thing definitely transitions. Tried it out today just standing in my driveway looking up at the sun and it darkened up. It is there instead of my pinlock and seems to work as an anti-fog just fine, as well.

I did seat mine a hair too low. Still closes fine, but it leaves a bead of light from above it. If I were to stick it on again, I would put the top of the hyperoptik as high up as possible without interfering with the shield closing. Not that big a deal, I can drop the internal sun shield an inch to cover the bead.

Very limited use with it so far so I'll withhold judgement for now, but initial impression is positive.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
FWIW, if you want a tinted strip across the top of your visor, the stuff made for tinting car windows works well too. I used the really dark stuff made for limos.

OP
OP
wphillips007
As I mentioned in my original post I put the SpeedTint (a 1" dark strip that blocks 97% of the sun's rays) on my visor first; the I placed the Hyper Optik over the SpeedTint and placed it up high on my visor. If the sun is in your eye balls, you definitely need both - (the Hyper Optik will not do the job by itself). I had one occasion on my trip out to San Diego a couple of weeks ago, where even the SpeedTint nor electricians tape did the job, and I had to use my hand to shield the sun from my visor - so there are limits to about everything. But I have found the combination of the SpeedTint and Hyper Optik working together is a real winner most of the time IMHO. Wendell

Last edited:

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I did get the speed tint as well (made my order large enough at revzilla to get free shipping when i ordered my replacement N90 visor, so it was basically free).
However, I didn't read the directions ahead of time and mounted the hyperoptik without first putting the speed tint on - so I can't add it now. Will save it for my next helmet or visor :)

Top Bottom