Woo Hoo! First bug of the year!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Saturday, February 11th we were blessed with 72 degrees of global warming. While riding along on Traveller what per chance did I encounter but my first bug (species unknown) of the year?

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The only bugs on my windshield got there while Chuck Henderson was towing my bike on his trailer, bringing it back from Albuquerque. It got up to 72 here on Friday, but I'm still waiting for the first bug of the year.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
We hit 80 deg the other day and I hit 3-4 bugs but they don't count. It was my truck.

Brad

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I just saved all my bugs from last year - or a year or so before that even. I don't think they change model years so they are all the same especially when splattered. No need to replace bugs with new ones.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...Got a bug in the face weekend before last on the bicycle so I know it's coming...]

DJ usually rides his bicycle off-road so finding bugs early is understandable! I agree about having nice riding weather this weekend. Even up here in the frosty north, it'll be in the upper 50s and mid-60s for 3-4 days so I'm riding. :)

We had a warm weekend in KY and I was able to get some work done in the yard - I saw some confused and very lethargic wasps, a Stink bug, a moth, and a mosquito.

Top Bottom