20,000 Today

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
I hit the 20,000 mile mark on the NT today. After finishing a 2,600 mile trek through New England last week, I returned a few hundred miles short of 20k. It was a blistering 97 degrees here today, but the opportunity to ride the NT in the heat still surpassed what the car could offer me. I decided to take the back country roads today as I made my way between our stores and the office. That turned out to be a good call as the shaded roads were a good 20 degrees cooler.
20,000+ happy miles on the NT after 17 months of ownership. I don't see trading her in any time soon (the bike either, haha).

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
phil has the most so far right?
Aaron, I doubt if I've got the most. Bob Higdon, the legal counsel for the Iron Butt Association isn't a member of our Forum, but he had 36,000 miles on his first NT after less than a year. He traded it for a 2nd 2010 ABS version in October of '11. He did buy a Super Tenere later in the fall of '11, and may not have kept his NT. I'll see him in a couple of months at the IBA International Meet in Denver.

I've got about 43,500.

I like mileage milestones. My favorites are those when the odometer rolls over something like the one I've got coming up: 44,444. I'll take a picture and post it when it happens.

Unless, like I do sometimes, I realize it's almost there just after it's gone. :-(

BTW, Jeff, congratulations on the 20K mark.

In the Concours Owners Group there was a member who gave out 50K and 100K stickers. The mileage belonged to the bike not the rider. Tumbleweed, Concours # 1, had both stickers; TumbleToo, Concours # 2, only had the 50K sticker.

I think I'll check into getting some similar stickers made and then I'll dole them out to the high-mileage riders.

Last edited:

bicyclist

Congratulations, Jeff. By coincidence, mine rolled over 20K today, as well.

Attachments

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Nice work Jeff. If I don't hit 20k this weekend it may not be for a while as it's that time of year here in central Texas for me to do more bicycling than NT'n given the high temps. I'll be riding thru east Texas then down along the coast culminating in a pie run meet-up on Saturday. Peach cobbler al a mode here I come. :drool1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
George, congratulations to you, too. 20,000 is more than most motorcycles get ridden in their lifetimes.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Congrats on the mileage. I like to see the milestones too. Join the mileage tracker. I like to see the annual mileages in there. The tracker woks through your profile settings. Phil has a good idea on the milestone stickers. Maybe that will work out. (Hint hint Mellow)

Top Bottom