2001 Up GoldWing Recall Redux

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
So why does Honda not recall the ST1300 for the same issue. I have had to rebuild my Secondary Master Cylinder because of dragging rear brake. If one follows the ST-owners Forum, this problem has risen in quite a few instance But Mother Honda fails to recognize it for the ST1300 owners. I guess we don't make up a large enough group to worry Honda about any negative feedback. Another reason to be looking at Yamaha for a replacement.

Last edited:
Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I agree with you Chuck, If I didn't have the long term relationship with my Honda dealer I would have probably switched long ago. He takes very good care of me and I wouldn't get the same treatment any place else so here I am. My only alternative is Kawasaki and they don't really interest me.

Eldon

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Well.....Honda didn't fix it the first time on the Wings. I have little confidence they'll fix it on the 2nd attempt. Their first attempt was beyond lazy and ridiculous. I suspect the second fix will be something along the lines of "don't brake so hard".

And why would Honda NOT have a fix when not ALL the Wings were in the Recall? They didn't include the 2013 and 2014 Wings in the recall. They use the EXACT same braking system as all the other GL1800 wings.
:doh1:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[And why would Honda NOT have a fix when not ALL the Wings were in the Recall? They didn't include the 2013 and 2014 Wings in the recall. They use the EXACT same braking system as all the other GL1800 wings.]

Just out of curiosity, did you check part numbers of each part in the 2013-14 braking systems to see if they were identical to the older models? Just looking like the same parts can sometimes be deceiving.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Honda did make a slight change to the internals of the secondary master cylinder on the 2013/2014 models. So Honda as implemented the fix already on the newer models so they know how to "fix" the problem. They just haven't figured out how they want to implement it or more likely communicate under what circumstances they are willing to swap out parts. It just struck me as odd.

[And why would Honda NOT have a fix when not ALL the Wings were in the Recall? They didn't include the 2013 and 2014 Wings in the recall. They use the EXACT same braking system as all the other GL1800 wings.]

Just out of curiosity, did you check part numbers of each part in the 2013-14 braking systems to see if they were identical to the older models? Just looking like the same parts can sometimes be deceiving.

Top Bottom