2010 Honda NT 700 v

I recently bought this NT700 and as I prefer to do my own maintenance, I looked on line for a genuine Honda service manual and came across a new manual that was being sold by a company (I believe to be in the U.K.).
Using E Bay and PayPal, I used my bank card and paid the $49.97 on 09/9/22 which I thought was a heck of a deal seeing that postage was included.
Up to now I haven’t received the manual and for some reason all my old emails from May to October are no longer there.
I have Googled “Manuals for Honda NT700“ and hoping to find the Company to no avail ( I have no reason to believe they are scammers) .
The only info that I have is “ GREGORYMICH” featured in the address.
Perhaps any member has come across this company——-from what I remember they sell new but old stock manuals for a variety of m/ cycles.
I suppose I could always contact PayPal for a refund but I would prefer the manual.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regard,
Graham Watson

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
There is one on Ebay for $60 shipped. I would suggest, get a PP Refund, and in the mean time order the ebay manual.........for $10 more than what you had planned on spending. Get it sooner than going thru red tape on the initial purchase book?

OP
OP
Helm Inc is the producer of manuals that Honda uses in North America. You can order a NT Service Manual HERE. You want a North American version as there are differences between the NT Honda sold here and the European version.
RedLdr1,
thanks for reply.
I clicked on your link and I thought $50 was a good deal but after entering my details etc., I gulped at checkout when I saw how much the total cost was.
Manual =$50
Handling=$6.95
Cheapest Shipping= $30.72
Total = $87.67
After seeing that, I put my bank card back into my wallet!
I shall have a look at other options but thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Regards,
Graham Watson

OP
OP
There is one on Ebay for $60 shipped. I would suggest, get a PP Refund, and in the mean time order the ebay manual.........for $10 more than what you had planned on spending. Get it sooner than going thru red tape on the initial purchase book?
Moto- Kafe
thanks for that info and I shall look have a look at EBay.
it’s certainly one of the cheaper options.
Once again, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Regards,
Graham Watson

OP
OP
$30 shipping is total BS.............keep looking.
Moto- Kate,
I shall take your advice on that!
I’m sure there are plenty to choose from ( I would prefer a new manual but may settle for used).
I’m sure Haynes do a manual but I’m never impressed with their manuals——-even though I have a couple of them.
Regards,
Graham Watson

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got the Hayes manual. The difference in the North American and the Brit bikes is minimal, but the Hayes manual really hasn't been terribly helpful.

OP
OP
I've got the Hayes manual. The difference in the North American and the Brit bikes is minimal, but the Hayes manual really hasn't been terribly helpful.
Phil,
thanks for the reply.
I don’t anticipate any problems with my NT 700 ——yet——-but I just like to have a manual.
Prior to my NT700 was a 2000 Honda ST1100 that I bought new and at the same time I bought the genuine service manual which was a far better manual than a Haynes and that’s why I shall get, preferably, a new genuine Honda manual ( if still available) or a good used one.
As an aside, I owned the ST 1100 for 21 yrs (189,000 miles ) then sold it and bought a ST1300 and shortly after sold that.
Consequently, I was bike-less for a while and when I decided to look for a bike, the NT attracted me because of its shaft drive and panniers—-in some respects it’s a miniature ST1100 although not a patch in speed, comfort etc.
Regards,
Graham Watson

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'm sure you'll like the NT and you might want to look at this link to a $46 service manual: https://www.ebay.com/itm/125434283504?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=125434283504&targetid=1645685074048&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=1014529&poi=&campaignid=16730423415&mkgroupid=135815925780&rlsatarget=pla-1645685074048&abcId=9300841&merchantid=6296724&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmaibBhCAARIsAKUlaKTE-sonKRVQoZORCagwaTJF4Kn_Yvmj7M7PeuA0y-ifXMJQrQctCGAaAgk7EALw_wcB

Here's a link to the company that distributes them: https://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=AHC&Make=AHC&Model=NT06&Year=2010&Category=1&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=

I'm on my 2nd NT. I got my first one in March, 2010, after having an '83 Honda GL650i Silverwing and rode it for 19,000 miles before trading it for a new 1999 Kawasaki Concours. I rode that for 115,000 miles and then totaled it one night in 2006. I bought a practically identical one three months later that had 45,000 miles on it and rode it for 50,000 miles. By then I'd had 5 knee replacements and the Connie was getting too heavy. I had seen and sat on a a Deauville in Mannheim, Germany, when I was in Europe in 2008 to attend a European Rally of GTR owners (the GTR is the European name for the Concours). I had been aware of NTs almost as soon as I started riding and was intrigued by it, especially when the 700 was released. After seeing one in '08, when I learned that they were going to be imported to the US in '10 I planned on buying one later in the year after the bugs had been worked out. Of course, what I know now was that all the bikes coming to the US were built in August and September of '09. When I needed tires for the Connie, I decided that I'd go ahead and get the NT.

I did the first ever certified Iron Butt ride on an NT in the whole Western Hemisphere. It was a Saddlesore 1000, a loop: Ft Morgan, CO; Limon, CO; Springfield, CO; Dodge City, KS; Great Bend, KS; McPherson, KS; Salina, KS; Limon, CO; Ft Morgan. Since then I've done two more SS1Ks, a BB (1500 miles in 36 hours) and a BBGold (1500 mi in 24 hrs). My biggest trip my "Epic Ride" which I did in '13 after I retired. The blog I wrote as I did it can be found at www.ptarman1.com.

I ended up riding "Dudley" my#1 for 139K miles before trading it for "Horse," my #2 in July of 2020. I bought that bike from a Triumph dealer in Spokane after Frosty, a member of this forum traded it for a Triumph 900 Tiger GT Pro Low. Frosty is short like me and his bike was almost like mine. Both had been lowered. The dealer traded a few of my things between bikes, put on new tires, and gave me a decent trade-in. The "new" bike only had 22K miles, but was 16 serial numbers older. On my way home from Spokane, I realized that the 85 pounds I had lost in the year or two before the trade made my heavy-duty Russell Daylong saddle to heavy duty for me. I bought one of their new sport seats that has no spring and and once broken in is close to the height of a stock seat. I changed the vacuum-actuated McCruise control for the newer electrically actuated McCruise and changed the small Denali driving lights Frosty had for much brighter Clearwater Darlas. It's getting to be close to a year since I've ridden because of my wife's demential. But she's getting settled into a memory care unit and I hope I'll be able to ride in '23.

Finally Almost Done.jpg

OP
OP
Phil,
and I thought I was a hard riding man!
That was a very interesting letter.
Thanks for all that info and I shall have a look at all those options.
At first glance, I thought you had sent me a pic of a BMW as the badge fooled me.
I notice you have the wider panniers which I would like to get hold of and believe they were only available in Europe———I contacted David Silver Spares ( Honda spares) in Pa. but not had a reply as yet to see if they are still available.
You’ve had 5 knee replacements?—————how many legs have you got?———-are you a Centipede?
Only pulling your leg.
Its a crock not being able to ride for that length of time as I know myself after selling my ST 1100 and 1300 bikes.
The NT is an OK bike but I sure wish the panniers were detachable as I’ve just replaced the back tyre and got myself in a helluva pickle and ended up taking the caliper off and then having to bleed the brake———a reet PITA!
Like you ( it appears), I’m a solo rider now as El Wifo has hip problems and can’t cock her leg over the seat but as long as I can get my leg over, I shall be happy.
Regards,
Graham

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Graham, I had knee replacement #6 in 2016. '16 was a bad year for me and bone surgery -- I got hit by a little buck deer a few days before Labor Day and he did about $2800 damage to the bike (even though I didn't go down). But he did $12,000 damage to my left hand. The last knee surgery was in December of '16.

You're going to be hard-pressed to find the big panniers. This company (https://www.cmsnl.com/products/pannier-lid) has been a good source but I'm not sure you can get the left lid from them now.

OP
OP
Graham, I had knee replacement #6 in 2016. '16 was a bad year for me and bone surgery -- I got hit by a little buck deer a few days before Labor Day and he did about $2800 damage to the bike (even though I didn't go down). But he did $12,000 damage to my left hand. The last knee surgery was in December of '16.

You're going to be hard-pressed to find the big panniers. This company (https://www.cmsnl.com/products/pannier-lid) has been a good source but I'm not sure you can get the left lid from them now.

OP
OP
Phil,
you’re a tough man!
All those things happened to you and you’re STILL riding (well, almost).
I know the feeling of meeting a deer when I hit a big one on my Kawa KLR and broke 3 ribs and my pelvis but didn’t pay anything like you did——just 10 weeks off work.
The bike was never the same after that so after fixing it, it went.
Never put me off m/ cycles though and neither did crashing my Bonneville and taking a chunk off my foot!
Regarding the bigger panniers, it’s unlikely that I shall do much in the way of long distance travel on my NT as, although its OK, it’s not really designed as a long distance bike although I love a shaft driven bike.
Regards,
Graham Watson

OP
OP
Phil,
I’ve heard of that Dutch company but never had dealings with them as import duties etc, can be expensive and not only that, I’ve had great success with David Silver Spares in Pa. when I needed genuine Honda parts for my ST1100 and far cheaper than any Honda dealer.
Hopefully, I won’t need any parts for my NT for a while!
Graham

Top Bottom