50000 mile Service FJR

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Started on the FJR's 50000 mile service yesterday, by undressing her. Today I will pull the valve cover and check the valve clearance. Next step will be a throttle Body sync. These are the two largest and technical parts of the service, especially if the valves need to be re-shimmed. To bad I can't get an award for the 50k miles on the FJR:confused:

Attachments

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Just finished for today with the valve check. All in Spec, but on the tight end of spec. All the same as the last 25k check I did 4 years ago. No change. (and I did not cheat) I guess I could pull the cams and bring them all to the middle or loose end of spec, but spec is spec and why fix what is not broke. Next check will be at 75k. Don't know if I will still have the bike by then. Need to trim the herd and The FJR is getting heaver each year for my age. (72) Here are some pictures of todays garage time. Tomorrow I will need to go order some gaskets, as I tore the Pickup Rotor cover gasket. Need to replace the valve cover Gaskets as I do not want any leaks, and I need a couple of O-rings for the coolant tubes that fit into the head. Also need to pick up some coolant. I use the Honda Auto Coolant. Half the price as the Moto coolant, and it is the same stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom