8,000 Mile Service

Bradkap

What needs to be done and how much should it cost ? (I do not have the tools or expertise to do it myself).

Brad

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
My 8K, 16K and 27K services have cost between $350 and $400.

After seeing the engine with a valve-cover off this time, I'm thinking that I can probably do the next one myself. Don't know if I will, but I'm thinking I could.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
What needs to be done and how much should it cost ? (I do not have the tools or expertise to do it myself).

Brad
At 8K you will need an oil and filter change, valves checked and the plugs changed. the first two items cost me around $400. I am not sure what the plug change adds but I would guess maybe another $50. There are a lot of other items that are listed as needing checking so I am not sure how many hours are involved in that our if they even do it so I would guess you are in the $400-500 range for the service.

OP
OP

Bradkap

just picked up the bike. all is well. Air filter needed to be replaced as it was in bad shape. I had them put a KTM in which is a permanent solution. Otherwise, in good shape.

elizilla

A KTM 990 engine mod would be a permanent solution... :eek1: and make the NT a blast to ride I'll bet...:D Might be a tad expensive though...:rolleyes1:
Now you're getting your forum posters mixed up... that's Spacetiger, not Bradkap, that does that type of mod.

Minnesota

I was reading the online owners manual. It is for the European model and shows oil changes every 8K miles. Is this for real? This beats the Beemers by 2K. Even if it cost $400 it still comes out really pretty cheep.

Top Bottom