A change in the weather....

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Except for our Fall NT Gathering in Caldwell last month, I've been riding my NC700XD exclusively but now it's time for a switch to the NT because it offers so much more in weather protection. Our overnight lows now dropping into the low 40s so my morning walks will require long pants, shirt and light gloves! And we'll finally start to see the brilliant leaf colors of fall.

Partway through this fall/winter season, I'll need a new rear Michelin but I have one already waiting in my garage. I can't let WVRider get too far ahead of me in odometer mileage! :thumb:

at Urbana airport.JPG

Last edited:
I find the NT to be ideal for cool weather riding. It seems to laugh off the weather, and just do what you ask of it without complaint. Great bike!

Yes, also my GF uses her NT700VA from February till November... she really likes the hand deflector kit, seems to work well...
Handling is as neutral, stoic and precise as the ST1100 and she likes the "respect" it receives in traffic...

Except for our Fall NT Gathering in Caldwell last month, I've been riding my NC700XD exclusively but now it's time for a switch to the NT because it offers so much more in weather protection. Our overnight lows now dropping into the low 40s so my morning walks will require long pants, shirt and light gloves! And we'll finally start to see the brilliant leaf colors of fall.

Partway through this fall/winter season, I'll need a new rear Michelin but I have one already waiting in my garage. I can't let WVRider get too far ahead of me in odometer mileage! :thumb:

View attachment 18562
If that is you in the above image. You look kind of look familiar to me. Our paths might have crossed a long time ago. Highly doubtful I'm guessing though. 😝

Yes, also my GF uses her NT700VA from February till November... she really likes the hand deflector kit, seems to work well...
Handling is as neutral, stoic and precise as the ST1100 and she likes the "respect" it receives in traffic...
I get to ride year-round in So Cal USA... :headbang: :usflag1::headbang:

I have to agree with ST1100Y about seasonal changes being nice.

I was born and grew up in So Cal and at least to me, it seemed so strange that it could be 75F and sunny on Christmas Day. And it still does seem strange!

Last edited:
My first encounter with California weather was in the Marines. At first I thought that the year round warm weather was great, but after a while, I too missed the changing of the seasons...... and the smell of fresh cut grass.

Mike

I cannot miss what I do not know.

So Cal does has 4 seasons, Earthquake, Drought, Fires, and Mudslides. The truth is that So Cal is in a perpetual Summer/Fall state year-round. Temperatures greater than 80° F (27°C) on Christmas Day are quite common for the last 20+ years since I returned to live in the Valley again. Prior to that, I was raised in the Antelope Valley from 1980 to 1997.

It was not like that over 40+ years ago. I can remember strong thunderstorms and seeing snow on the peaks of the San Gabriel Mountains above the north end of the San Fernando Valley as far back as 1977/78. Once the 1980s rolled around, the weather patterns in the San Fernando Valley started to change significantly. Everything started to become drier.

View attachment 18562
I'm 175 short of 80K after this past Saturdays ride.
20211023_182919.jpg

Back
Top Bottom