A friend's new ride

Bike
2010 NT RED
Dave has been telling me that he wanted to get a motorcycle every since he has seen mine. I do service calls on my NT and we have some mutual clients. I have known Dave for many years. Dave has the local HD, Honda, Yamaha, etc. dealer as a client here in town. He negotiated a trade for some work for a trade on "exactly the bike he wants". He told me he was taking delivery sometime this week. I kept expecting him to contact me to tell me he got it. Finally on Friday I rode by his house to try to catch him there with no luck. So I rode by the motorcycle dealer to try to catch him there. I saw his truck and pulled in. He was outside just signing the paperwork and going over some delivery details. The problem is, he didn't have his motorcycle endorsement and he has not rode a motorcycle in 25 years. So he asked me if I could ride it home for him. Well, he is a good friend. So I could sacrifice the trouble to ride his new bike to his house and of course I took the longest route possible. What we do for friends!

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Oh, Jeff, you are a "Noble Mon!" and you're friend is so lucky to have you to fall back on.

I think I saw the bike he bought up at Interstate Honda -- looks like a really nice KLR.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 NT RED
Hey Phil,

He purchased it at Wild West here in Greeley, now they may have acquired it from Interstate Honda.
I don't think I've ever seen him so excited.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Where's Wild West, Jeff? I'm not familiar with that place.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 NT RED
I may have the name wrong. The emails from them have Wild West in the subject. It is the HD dealer here in town.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Oh. It may not be the same bike I saw at Interstate Honda. I think I remember a blue one with a similar top case up there.

Top Bottom