[Review] A Nice Wrench For Your NT's Tool Kit

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Since we didn't get a tool kit with the NT from Honda assembling one has been a side project for me. I admit to being one of those folks that would tow my Craftsman roll around behind me if I could...

While at Fry's I came across a neat little solution for wrenches, the SMC Pocket Wrench. It covers from 8MM to 25MM and takes about as much space as my Leatherman tool! I prefer this to an adjustable "Crescent" style wrench as there is less "slop" making it less likely to round off a bolt head. It comes with a carrying case and is priced at $18.99.

Mastermind Tools has a better picture and a bit more info than Fry's website.

Since I first posted a review on the other site I have used it a couple of times and it works much better than a Adjustable or "Crescent" wrench...

Last edited:

elizilla

Santa brought me one! It's nice, and will make my on-bike tool kit pack smaller. :)

Igo

Since we didn't get a tool kit with the NT from Honda assembling one has been a side project for me. I admit to being one of those folks that would tow my Craftsman roll around behind me if I could...

While at Fry's I came across a neat little solution for wrenches, the SMC Pocket Wrench. It covers from 8MM to 25MM and takes about as much space as my Leatherman tool! I prefer this to an adjustable "Crescent" style wrench as there is less "slop" making it less likely to round off a bolt head. It comes with a carrying case and is priced at $18.99.

Mastermind Tools has a better picture and a bit more info than Fry's website.

Since I first posted a review on the other site I have used it a couple of times and it works much better than a Adjustable or "Crescent" wrench...
How narrow is the head on this wrench sir? Will it get into whatever narrow spaces Honda's stamped metal wrenches were meant to get into? I've got to get a kit put together but I don't want to fill the bike with bench Craftsman sized tools.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
How narrow is the head on this wrench sir? Will it get into whatever narrow spaces Honda's stamped metal wrenches were meant to get into? I've got to get a kit put together but I don't want to fill the bike with bench Craftsman sized tools.

Igo, this is not a spark plug wrench. Get one of Honda's stamped metal wrenches...or something like it.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I know its not a spark plug wrench.
OK, when you were talking about Honda's stamped metal wrenches, the only one I could think about that was stamped metal was the one in my Connie kit for spark plugs.

Igo

Yeah. I found the multi wrench and it looks promising. Now all I need for my kit is the spark plug wrench. I have experienced in the past that some spark plug wrenches are too thick walled to get into the narrow recess where the plugs are and I've found that some wrenches are too wide to get between frame and hardware in tire regions. In many cases, the cheap stamped metal wrenches just get into these places better.
Ever onward.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA, #227
Even though I doubt I could fix anything beyond tightening a loose fastener, I like tools and the idea of having a tool kit and thinking I could do a repair. Besides carrying my Leatherman, I bought a Cruz Tools M3 Tool kit and am delighted with how complete it is and the quality. Cruz says they guarantee the tools for life too. I could have assembled my own from the various pieces I have but then I would have to figure out what to put them in. The M3 includes a roll pouch. The whole thing fits in the pass through tube between the saddlebags. The kit was about $85 but well worth the savings in time to me.

Top Bottom