A novel safety idea

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I ran across this today and thought I would share this with everyone. A company in the UK is offering ICE (In Case of Emergency) helmet stickers that have a UPC code printed on them. In the event of an accident, the EMT can scan the UPC with a smartphone and obtain medical info, contact info, etc. The cost for a sheet of six stickers is about $20.00. They also have other options such as bracelets, dog tags, etc. that also incorporate the UPC symbol.

Emergency ID sticker with QR code | OneLife iD

Mike

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Nice idea, but...
Talked to some local EMTs and they prompted me that they don't really trust such stickers... neither on the helmet, nor on the bike itself, cause "you could have borrowed that from a friend"...
They don't even give much about the medic info on dog-tags worn around your neck...

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Nice idea, but...
Talked to some local EMTs and they prompted me that they don't really trust such stickers... neither on the helmet, nor on the bike itself, cause "you could have borrowed that from a friend"...
They don't even give much about the medic info on dog-tags worn around your neck...
A good point. I hadn't thought about the possibility of borrowed bike/gear.

Mike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I’m leaving at 7 AM for an eye doctor appointment in Superior, then leaving around 11 AM for Spearfish. Will probably go as far as some campground west of Watertown SD. Then ride to Spearfish on Wednesday. I’ll watch for “The Dan” but we’re not likely to take the same route. I know several of our riders will be westbound on I-90 but I rarely see them on the road. I have hooked up with NatSTOCKers at gas stations.

Getting ready has been a scramble so I’m looking forward to a somewhat relaxing ride and a real laid-back visit with you all.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
See ya Wednesday.. heading out after work, maybe 3pm and making it to the TX panhandle then northward bound Wednesday early AM before the mosquitos wake up.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Y'all have fun, wish I could join you.

Mike

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I ran across this today and thought I would share this with everyone. A company in the UK is offering ICE (In Case of Emergency) helmet stickers that have a UPC code printed on them. In the event of an accident, the EMT can scan the UPC with a smartphone and obtain medical info, contact info, etc. The cost for a sheet of six stickers is about $20.00. They also have other options such as bracelets, dog tags, etc. that also incorporate the UPC symbol.

Emergency ID sticker with QR code | OneLife iD

Mike
Couldn't get it to load but its a non starter. I carry an EM card with a telco number people can call but a QR code on bike or hel?et will just get you people scanning your info when you are away from your bike.

Top Bottom