A spring ride

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Sun started shining and could not resist

The first ride of this year I saw a bunch of places like this that had gotten crushed by this winter
Heard the sound of a v8 wound tight

Pulled into the track, a modified doing some testing watch for a few
another barn roof down

There are more but it seems I am being a bandwidth hog. There are crushed buildings all over western MA. What a winter, we have some spring snow forecast for tonight...

Last edited:

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Karl, Sure looks a lot like Maine--bad roads and all. So far I have been impressed with the NTs ability to handle them. All too often you are cruising down a somewhat nice paved road--exploring--not having a clue as to where you are. That's the fun part--and the road suddenly turns into a dirt road. That was always an Oh S---t on the Ninja. The NT sort of goes ho hum and drives on. On the sport bike, tar snakes were my nemesis. The Ninja bordered on out of control. The NT reacts some to wet tar snakes, but it is a non issue. I wish I could have gotten out today. It was 57F, lots of sun, and no wind. I had to take my father in law to the VA for his Chemo. He is 88 and was one of those guys who landed on Omaha Beach and later did The Bulge. He got a Bronze Star at the Bulge. He got out an E-6. We finally got him a disability for his hearing. (You will love this one): We went to his C&P Hearing last year and they had all his military stuff--This guy on the panel asks him, "When you were in the service, were you in a noise rich environment?" This is the cool part--This 87 year old guy looks at him, and with a straight face and asks, "Does landing on Omaha Beach qualify as noisy?" Karl, I almost wet myself. He got his disability and hearing aids. Don't you love the bureaucracies.

Tomorrow we get rain. Sunday should be a good day for a ride.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Sailariel my dad lost his war to cancer at 71 he and my mom are buried together here. There row in the cemetery has a marine a sailor an airman. He served in the first mountain div, I remember a conversation in town about how he was headed to Germany to get a few more bullets removed that where coming up. The guy says why not use the local VA. My dad just looks him in the eye and says They don't like to take out there own.
We learned so much from the war to end all wars.

Top Bottom