[Review] Abba Sky Lift

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I have been thinking about a bike lift for a few years but I don't care for table lifts due to the space they take up when you're not using them. You'd have to park the bike on the lift - in my garage anyway. They are nice but I just didn't want that much hardware in the way that I had to manage.

I've been looking at the Abba Sky Lift for a while and decided to pull the trigger.

I ordered it and it got to TX from the UK in 7 days.. which was crazy fast and would have been 5 days but was in an Ohio DHL distribution center for 2 days.. maybe import related delay.

The box was heavy, once I started putting it together it's obvious this is not the typical China type stuff you get. The steel is thick and all the bolts are heavy duty. I was afraid, after looking at pictures and videos, that it would be harbor freight-quality stuff... not at all, they do an incredible job putting this together and I have no doubt it will probably out live me.

It works by using some adapter pins specific to each bike to fit into the swingarm bolt holes. Then it pivots on those contact points. It makes raising the bike in a wheelie, stoppie or level position easy and you can get to a lot of the bike as well as move it all around the garage while on the lift.

I'm quite happy with it, will do my first tire change later today using it.

Level position:

IMG_20221209_144630.jpg

Stoppie, rear wheel up position:

IMG_20221209_144859.jpg

Wheelie position:

IMG_20221209_145206.jpg

The level and wheelie positions are achieved by strapping the rear hub (BMW) or swingarm to either the black stationary part of the lift or the additional red arm that travels upwards with the lift.

IMG_20221209_145212.jpg

Best part for me is the footprint is small when storing it. Here it's stored against the wall and assembled:

IMG_20221209_180954.jpg

Here it's stored with 2 of the 'legs' taken off, not much of a difference:

IMG_20221209_155902.jpg

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
When I saw the post title I thought it was going to be about a Fiftieth Anniversary album from Abba. :rolleyes: But I reckon Joe's a little on the young side for that...:oops:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Nice looking rig! Is it made in the UK? Looking at the UK NT forum for lo these many years, the Brits are pretty clever.... 'cept they spell stuff funny.

;)

Mike

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Nice looking rig! Is it made in the UK? Looking at the UK NT forum for lo these many years, the Brits are pretty clever.... 'cept they spell stuff funny.

;)

Mike
Yes, made in the UK. Very good quality.

Reactions: JQL

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I like the idea that the unit can be disassembled and placed against the wall when not in use which is not possible with my Harbor Freight bike lift! I'll give it some serious thought so thanks Joe!! ;););)

Just wanted to add that the Skylift doesn't "officially" fit onto NT700s as the gear linkage is in the way of the left hand swing arm pivot point. However someone mentioned on the Deauville UK owners forum that (after discussion with the supplier) they use the Skylift (with adaptors supplied by Abba) by using the two 17mm subframe bolts accessible under the side panels. There is a picture of a NT in the stoppie position of the skylift on the forum.

Another similar alternative is the Eazyrizer

I do have a hydraulic table but in the UK we are all crammed into a teensy weeny island and have pathetically small garages so the table takes up too much space, I keep catching the pedal with my shins and at over 100kgs its a pig to move on my own. The Eazyrizer or Skylift means I could work (or wash) my bike outside

Top Bottom