Accessory circuit?

Randall-in-Mpls

New Deauville owner!
Bike
2010 NT700V, 1978 CX500
If all goes according to plan, I'll be taking possession of a very nice 2010 Deauville next Saturday. The following weekend, I'll be leading a day-long group ride, and will need my GPS wired in.
Is there an accessory power circuit in the stock harness? My '83 Silverwing has a separately fused lead under the seat for this purpose. Hoping the NT has something similar.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Randall-in-Mpls

Randall-in-Mpls

New Deauville owner!
Bike
2010 NT700V, 1978 CX500
Thanks for that.
If I can work out where that plugs in, I might just tap it for the SAE connector I need for the Garmin. (It's meant to be hardwired, but I set it up using SAE, so I can move it between vehicles.)

OP
OP
Randall-in-Mpls

Randall-in-Mpls

New Deauville owner!
Bike
2010 NT700V, 1978 CX500
Hmm... $35 from David Sliver Spares USA. Too bad I just received an order from them. Shipping on one item is ridiculous (and slow.)

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
If all goes according to plan, I'll be taking possession of a very nice 2010 Deauville next Saturday. The following weekend, I'll be leading a day-long group ride, and will need my GPS wired in.
Is there an accessory power circuit in the stock harness? My '83 Silverwing has a separately fused lead under the seat for this purpose. Hoping the NT has something similar.
Thanks.
Yes. There is an accessory connector in the front and rear harness. My feeble memory says the front one is on the left side and there was some tape hiding it from obvious view.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've never used that accessory plug because 1) I was too cheap to buy the Honda harness, and 2) it was much simpler to connect to the battery using a 4-pole relay. :)

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Nor have I used the Honda accessory plug. I have multiple accessories and it was too easy to connect to the battery plus I wanted circuit protection for each circuit and also the ability to designate circuits to be always on or switchable. I installed a fuse block with an integral relay which makes hooking up accesssories a snap.

Mike

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
I bought a unit specific for motorcycles that hooks direct to the battery, is fused, has a lighted switch on it so you know when it's on, it has a cigarette lighter plug and 2 USB outlets. I use it for gps, phone, and at times, tire pump that I carry. It has come in very handy and works to charge a phone without having your switch on.12V_outlet.jpg

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Here is the fuse block that I used on Traveller.
I replaced the cover screws with thumbscrews to make it easy to take off with no tools. I also replaced the fuses with Smart Glow fuses that glow when blown. Handy on a dark night.

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
MikeSim - wow...that price is a little rich for my blood. All kidding aside, I've already installed a 4-pole relay on my CB500F to power the GPS but don't know what other electrical accessories I'll add.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
MikeSim - wow...that price is a little rich for my blood. All kidding aside, I've already installed a 4-pole relay on my CB500F to power the GPS but don't know what other electrical accessories I'll add.
Tosh, it wasn't quite as dear when I bought it for Traveller, but that was 10 years ago. It's been worth every penny though.

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
My NT has a self-made panel using a 6 fuse accessory panel from an Auto Parts store (less than $20) with 2 relays added; 1) for my accessories, and 2) for my Stebel sound blaster horn. My NC has an Eastern Beaver harness with integral relay and connectors for 3-different accessories. There is very little room for either type on my CB500F so I'm proceeding cautiously. :)

Top Bottom