Accessory plug question

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Do all NT700's have the accessory plug under the left fairing? I have the left glove box out and can't find it in there. Mine is 2010 no ABS.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
They should. I had to remove the entire left side fairing to get to mine, not just the glove box or side vent cover.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
The plug is taped to the upper fairing frame well forward of the left glove box. You'll need to follow the upper fairing frame rail forward towards the headlight to find it. Honda did a good job of taping that plug to the frame on my wife's 2010 NT. It will be challenging to locate it by touch alone. It is a black harness, attached to a black frame rail with black electrical tape. A good flash light and a mirror would be helpful. If you remove the entire left fairing, you'll be able to pretty quickly find it though that is a bit of work.

Do all NT700's have the accessory plug under the left fairing? I have the left glove box out and can't find it in there. Mine is 2010 no ABS.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
You should know Honda wants you to pick Heated grips or a power point to run off that connector. Not both. If you do want more than one you are doing some more wiring...

OP
OP
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I was able to get it through the glove box opening, just followed that harness back. If I hadn't received everyone's replies I would have had a much harder time, I appreciate the help.

Just going after the switched power for the grips, I know Oxford say's they have the power saver option but I don't really want to test it out. I think while it is apart though I will borrow an idea from another forum member and add a USB port to the bottom of the glove box.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Look carefully at the glove box before you decide where to put it. I put a cig outlet in mine. It seemed like a good spot, but, it made it a pain to get the glovebox out of the fairing. Also decide if you want anything else in there besides the outlet and what happens if you have something plugged in with other stuff bounding around. I ended up with just a rag and air pressure gage in there.

Top Bottom