ACF Corrosion Protectioon

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I've been reading on the UK website that the Brits are very fond of a corrosion protectant called ACF50. They seem to ride in a much more corrosive environment than we have here in the US because not many of us are all-season riders. I am considering trying this product as I plan on riding Traveller all year again and it looks like to may help when ther weather turns nasty. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.learchem.com/industry/motorcycle.html

Has anyone in the forum had any experience with the product? What's your opinion?

Mike

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I ride all year long and I do use ACF50. I use it on the saddle bag latches, cables, side stand springs and anything that needs lubrication. Note: it is not a dry lube so it can hold dirt and it is also a penetrant so be careful what you spray it on. A little goes a long way.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[on the UK website...They seem to ride in a much more corrosive environment than we have here in the US..]

Yes I agree totally. Bike over there seem to suffer problems pretty much unheard of in the states. Living on islands that are surrounded by salt water doesn't help metal or electrical contacts!

elizilla

I read about it on the UK forum and ordered two cans, and treated the underside of my NT. It worked pretty good, I think. I quickly realized that one can was a lifetime supply, so I gave one of the cans to the guy I sold the NT to. Still got the other can on my shelf. I need to treat the Ural with it sometime soon.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Another similar product you might be interested in is Boeshield T-9. It was developed by Boeing. Funny how a lot of products developed for aircraft usage have found their way to motorcycles. It is similar to the ACF but its does dry out and leave a film on the parts so that it would not attract dirt etc. I have not tried it yet but probably will in the future.

http://boeshield.com/

elizilla

I only use it for corrosion protection, but I suppose it also has some lubricating properties. It's thick and greasy.

Top Bottom