Acquired a 2013 CB1100

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Well, I was at my local Kawasaki dealer and since he had this nice CB1100 with all of 2695 miles on it I needed to take it for a test drive. Result, I now own it! I can flat foot it (27" inseam) and it feels like my memory says a UJM should feel. I can sit up and reach the bars. It does not feel top heavy at all (weighs 540lbs). It turns easily, and just feels right to me. Since the photos, I have added a National Cycle Plexistar II windshield. I'll likely switch to a smaller shield when the weather warms up.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

As the name implies, it's an 1100cc air/oil cooled inline 4, 5 speed trans (the 2014 models have 6 speeds) chain drive. This one does not have ABS, which is available on the 2013 CB1100A and on the 2014 CB1100 Deluxe.
I have SW Motech mounts for Givi bags on order from Twisted Throttle. And a luggage rack & other bits from a supplier in Japan.

Nice bike. Would not mind having one myself. Nice color. I personally prefer the red on this bike.
Friendly Honda here in Baton Rouge has a black 2014 Deluxe CB1100 with ABS on the floor. May go over there and test ride it.......if I can resist buying it. Love those Honda inline fours! Soooooo smooth, sounds like a sewing machine.

Phil, for the moment, yes. Probably not for the long term though.
Tim, you are right, that Parabellum Scout Fairing looks really nice...and really spendy! Still...I am getting a tax refund...tempting, tempting.

So what are you going to let go? The FJR. Not before we can get together and compare FJR notes. Congrats on the new Honda.

Beautiful bike. Were it not for my Bonneville I'd be looking at those!
Enjoy the ride and please give us a good review when you get some miles on it.

Congratulations . g00d looking bike, sort of brings back memories of my 1971 CB 750 K1, another one I should have keptand would have If space had allowed.

Eldon

Back
Top Bottom