Adjustable screen

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Windscreens are just too subjective. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong. All depends on what you want at the time. Is it hot or cold, headwind, tailwind, or crosswind, riding fast or slow in rain or snow?

The Madstad definately gives the best protection on the Tiger, but sometimes it is too much protection. It has great adjustability and (on the Tiger) the "lowers" can be added for even more protection. The downside of the Madstad is that it is huge. You can feel the wind resistance when you ride.

Neither the Madstad or the Givi looks cool if that matters to you. I once heard someone criticize a lady's Madsatad and she replied "it looks good from where I sit".

Lastly how does the stock screen work for you? Oh, sorry, you haven't tried it yet. I've found I don't get the right one on the first try sometimes.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Windscreens are just too subjective. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong. All depends on what you want at the time. Is it hot or cold, headwind, tailwind, or crosswind, riding fast or slow in rain or snow?

The Madstad definately gives the best protection on the Tiger, but sometimes it is too much protection. It has great adjustability and (on the Tiger) the "lowers" can be added for even more protection. The downside of the Madstad is that it is huge. You can feel the wind resistance when you ride.

Neither the Madstad or the Givi looks cool if that matters to you. I once heard someone criticize a lady's Madsatad and she replied "it looks good from where I sit".

Lastly how does the stock screen work for you? Oh, sorry, you haven't tried it yet. I've found I don't get the right one on the first try sometimes.
Dont understand your last remark,...are you being nasty? or are you getting testy in your old age or tired of winter??? The OEM screen works well in calm winds but needs to be roughly 3 inches higher. The protection zone is narrow. Both screens I mentioned offer better protection according to the Stromtrooper forum. The Givi has a seven inch range but the Madstad offers different heights at purchase, and of course different angles. I have ordered the Givi but will probably try the Madstad when it becomes available on Twisted Throttle soon.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I had the Madstad on my 2011 Wee. It was one of the better farkles that worked well for me....
When I didnt finish my order basket right away, they sent me a 10 percent off cupon. The screen becomes available on Twisted throttle in early April. I see both designs as very clever and well liked on Stromtrooper. I may have to try them both. And do a comparo.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I like the look of it too. How much was it?

Macka.
Hard to say. The Givi is $138 plus 47 bucks shipping from Italia. The Mad , depending on me using the cupon and if Twisted throttle offers free shipping, will probably run $230 ish. Both well worth the cost and both go on and off easily. It may end up that one is just slightly better than the other depending on your body shape. We shall see. The center stand and integrated panniers should be in this week. Key blanks and a big foot are on their way. As is the real luggage rack. Next up...Crash bars. And an NEP throttle lock.

Top Bottom