Adjusting Rear Brake lever

Bike
2010 Silver 700 NT ABS
The way I place my foot on the pedal I too often find myself "riding the rear brake" according to riders who have ridden behind me. Not a good thing. So is there a way to adjust the brake lever to be below the "foot peg" .. I am mechanically challenged so if it is difficult I will take to dealer.

Thanks

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I don't have my owner manual nor service manual hand to me , but I am prety sure the owner manual will point you in the right direction. there ahouls be a linkage adjustment near you you can make ,or possibly you will have to lossen the lever and move it one notch. If you have s dealer close to you and you are not comfortable with wrenching the deale should be ab le to take care of you in a atter of a few minuts.

tawilke46

Be careful you don't adjust the pedal down too low. You will not be able to apply proper pedal pressure if you do.
It should be at the same height as the foot peg or just *slightly* lower.
Refer to the shop manual or maybe the owner manual.

Bike
2010 Silver NT ABS
Adjusting the pedal isn't very difficult the only pain in the butt is if you have large hands it's kind of tough getting to the adjustment nut/spindle. Dealership may do this quick adjustment for you no charge. Ask them to show you how to do it and they may just do it while demonstrating. Also the pedal should be 1/16" - 1/8" below direct line of foot peg. If your brake light is lit then the switch for the light may need adjustment also. Get it all set up at once at dealer. Like I said if you bought the bike there they should do it NC.

Last edited:

taldric

I need to adjust the light activation switch. I have to fully depress the pedal to get the brake light to come on. I know it is a straight forward adjustment, but it is in a tight place behind the frame. Maybe I'll take it to a dealer.

Top Bottom