Advice requested once again regarding boots and shifter

So, I did get a new pair of boots--AXO. To me, fairly expensive, but a nice boot. I took Katherine's advice a put a pair of good quality inserts into the boots and now they feel great. The problem is that the boot is wider and a bit taller than my than other hiking boots I've used. Hard to shift, particularly with my wife on the back which moves my foot forward. I think I can take an Allen wrench and adjust the lever, but before I did this, I wantede to know if this is the 'best' solution. Again thanks in advice.

Terry

bicyclist

Well, you could adjust the lever, but you might consider just waiting a bit for the boots to break in and become more flexible. Might solve the problem.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Well, you could adjust the lever, but you might consider just waiting a bit for the boots to break in and become more flexible. Might solve the problem.
+1. Your foot needs to "learn" how to use the gear lever in those boots.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
These are the two 10mm nuts on the connecting rod?
That's correct. Loosen locknuts, adjust, then retighten locknuts. While you are there check the tightness of the clamp on the splined shaft coming out of the transmission. I believe there is a post somewhere that found it very loose.

Brad

OP
OP
banjoboy
Bob, Brad is correct. Two nuts. They turn clockwise as you are looking at them. You don't need two wrenches. One works fine. Loosen both and fiddle with it and see which way the lever moves up or down. There is actually a relatively minor difference in the change, perhaps a half inch, but clearly enough to make it useful for the new boots.

Terry

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Bought a pair of Joe Rocket Meteors---super comfortable for riding and walking--not expensive. Rider Magazine gave them a good review. I still have my old Durango Harness Boots that I wore in the 60's and 70's. Sometimes I wear them for old time's sake.

Top Bottom