Aerostich Transit 3 Riding Gear

Not an NT specific topic but I think many NT riders appreciate Aerostich riding gear. And many of you have noticed the Aerostich announcement that they are bringing back the Transit two piece leather riding suit. Now called the Transit 3, Aerostich says it has all the features of the previous Transit but with a few improvements. They are taking advance orders for delivery in October.

What struck me is that the Aerostich announcement and their website do not specify that the new Transit uses Gore-tex bonded to leather. Instead, they just use generic language for a breathable waterproof membrane in the "new material." They do include a photo on their site of a Transit jacket that shows a "Gor-Tex" tag on the inner label. But I wonder if this is a stock photo from the Transit 2 period. I would think if the Transit 3 actually used Gore-tex, Aerostich would state this more clearly in their product description.

I liked the feel and the wide temperature range for the Transit gear I have had, but I need more pockets when I am touring than the Transit offered. So I sold a number of peices on Ebay and got close to what I paid for them. I still have a Transit 2 jacket and for rides when I don't need pockets, its great. And perhaps it will turn out that I have a rare, genuine Gore-Tex version.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Great riding great for sure. But at $1700 I won't be on line for one.

I had a Darian 2-piece suit first which I really liked. The third time I took it back to Aerostich for routine maintenance R&R they told me "don't bring this back again - we can't fix it any more - but a new one". So I sold it for $300 and bought a new R3 one piece. The new R3 feels like home now.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If Aerostitch doesn't specifically state GoreTex, you can pretty much bet that it ain't GoreTex. There are similar materials, ie Hipora that are similar to GoreTex but they do not perform as well as Mr. Gore's Tex. Additionally, Gore requires certain construction standards and their own product testing before they will allow the GoreTex label to be used. It could truly be GoreTex but hasn't been certified yet.

Mike

OP
OP
I may have missed it when I first looked at the Aerostich website, but there is now a blub explaining that the Transit 3 will use a new leather-membrane material called Corium+, developed in Europe to replace Gore-Tex Pro Leather.

Top Bottom