Anger issues...

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I am having more and more anger issues. A carrier plane's ball turret gunner is blown apart by flak. The pilot gets the plane back to the carrier...they take the dead gunner's fingerprints, do services, and the crew pushes the plane into the sea. I get angry every time someone gives a checker at Walmart a bad time.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
During WWII in the Pacific, it was not uncommon to pitch damaged aircraft over the side of the carrier. There was a war going on and we had more new aircraft than we had repair crews & time, especially aboard a carrier that is steaming towards its next battle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
During WWII in the Pacific, it was not uncommon to pitch damaged aircraft over the side of the carrier. There was a war going on and we had more new aircraft than we had repair crews & time, especially aboard a carrier that is steaming towards its next battle.
Absolutely correct. When the war was well along, there were pleanty of planes....one B24 an hour at least....And after the war, many planes were just left in the south pacific as they were no longer economically viable,,,, like the P38....Under other circumstances...This TBM may well have been stripped of useful parts that came out easiliy and pushed over the side and another flown out to replace it. Only this one held the body of a brave aircrew member who gave his life so that I could be free.....
see PM for question.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Speaking of being left behind, US forces left a lot of rolling stock in Europe after WWII rather than bring them back at great cost and besides, most of them were just worn out. In France, some of the US military trucks were powered by Ford Flathead V8 engines and the French not only continued to use them but actually improved the engines and eventually made all-new, Ford V8s with improvements. I believe the new versions were used well into the early-60s then replaced by something more modern. The French flatheads were sent to a salvage yard until discovered one day by a American hot rodder who happened to be on vacation in France. The cache of the improved V8s was a real boon to hot rodders here who wanted something unique for their vintage hot rod. Who'd have ever guessed?

"...A few years ago, Kirby got in early on a remarkable stash of new and used, carefully maintained flathead engines from France. Commissioned by the French military for four-wheel-drive vehicles, these blocks were improved in many ways, with front sections that resembled pre-'49 flatheads and rear sections, and detachable bellhousings like post-'48 Ford 8BAs or Mercury 8CMs. Some had four-inch cranks like the 1949 to '53 255-cu.in. Mercury block. They had thicker decks and stronger internal webbing, and a cast port for an rpm governor, but they suffered from greatly reduced intake and exhaust ports, probably to ensure higher torque... the better to power a 4WD military truck. Enthusiasts quickly bought up the hoard, estimated at 1,000 or so blocks and complete engines. Although desirable, for guys looking for relatively new, crack-free blocks, the French blocks were not perfect..."

ps. sorry for high jacking the "anger" topic. :)

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
So where does Walmart enter into this discussion? I am confused
Clay, I don't think that Wal-Mart per se was germane to the Coyote's rant. I think he was referencing how shabbily we tend to treat one another over a minor issue. He could have just as easily used the young girl at McDonalds for messing up an order as an example. In the grand scheme of things, we tend to get our undies iin a bunch over essentially nothing. I'm sure that if my analysis of Coyote's post is in error, he will correct me and clarify his thought.

Mike

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Clay, I don't think that Wal-Mart per se was germane to the Coyote's rant. I think he was referencing how shabbily we tend to treat one another over a minor issue. He could have just as easily used the young girl at McDonalds for messing up an order as an example. In the grand scheme of things, we tend to get our undies iin a bunch over essentially nothing. I'm sure that if my analysis of Coyote's post is in error, he will correct me and clarify his thought.

Mike
I agree.. in fact I'm going to start a new site called MyUndiesAreInaBunch dot com... I feel it's gonna be a big hit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
So where does Walmart enter into this discussion? I am confused
Every time I see someone being mean to a walmart cashier or a cruise ship worker, for no reason what so every that the employee has any control over, I think very bad thoughts I can not put down here....When Its my turn I apologize to the employee who is being bullied by some rich person or just a blankety blank that they have to put up with people who resemble the exit hole of the gastro intenstinal system.

Top Bottom